H1B visa approved but not received after 20 days

Hello! I had my H1B visa interview on Nov 9th. During the interview I was told the visa was approved and they took my passport. The same day, the visa appeared “Approved” on the CEAC website, too, together with the message: “Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.”. However more than 20 days later (15 working days) I haven’t received my passport back (with or without a visa). I called them and they said they can’t tell me more than what it is on the CEAC website. Also there is no update on CEAC since Nov 9th. I understand that there is this thing called “Administrative processing”, that can delay the process, but it doesn’t say anything about it on CEAC, I was not given or told about a Form 221g and neither me nor my employer were asked for extra documents. But I still don’t have my passport back. Does anyone know what could be happening? Is there a way to find out more about the status (if it was “Administrative processing”, shouldn’t they tell me that is the case)? Thank you!

You can email the consulate processing your visa with your full name, date of interview and copy of passport attached and request and update.

1 Like