H1B Visa Renewal In USA - $205 fee - Rules, Form 221g, Denial?

Originally published at: H1B Visa Renewal In USA - $205 fee - Rules, Form 221g, Denial? - USA

H1B visa renewal without traveling outside the USA is going to be available between 29 Jan 2024 to 1 April 2024 within the USA. The visa renewal, form 221g, or denial within the USA should have the same rules as they have when you travel outside the US. The major benefit that I foresee is…

2 Likes

Participation in this pilot will be limited to applicants who(se):

1. Are seeking to renew an H-1B visa; during the pilot phase, the Department will not
    process any other visa classifications;
  2. Prior H-1B visa that is being renewed was issued by Mission Canada with an issuance
    date from January 1, 2020, through April 1, 2023; or by Mission India with an issuance
    date of February 1, 2021, through September 30, 2021;
  3. Are not subject to a nonimmigrant visa issuance fee (Note: this is commonly referred to
    as a “reciprocity fee”);
  4. Are eligible for a waiver of the in-person interview requirement;
  5. Have submitted ten fingerprints to the Department in connection with a previous visa
    application;
  6. Prior visa does not include a “clearance received” annotation;
  7. Do not have a visa ineligibility that would require a waiver prior to visa issuance;
  8. Have an approved and unexpired H-1B petition;
  9. Were most recently admitted to the United States in H-1B status;
  10. Are currently maintaining H-1B status in the United States;
  11. Period of authorized admission in H-1B status has not expired; and
  12. Intend to reenter the United States in H-1B status after a temporary period abroad.
1 Like

Has any one created a DS 160 application yet? What did you select as “location” to apply for visa?

I think they have not added the ‘USA’ location yet.

Ya looks like it. Any idea what would be those options displayed to choose from?

I think they are still trying to figure out the technology.
Hopefully they add an option before Jan 29!

Their instructions page is still empty and shows the message that ‘its under construction’.

1 Like

Yes, I just created today. Location should be US - Domestic

The location dropdown has US - Domestic

How do I pay the fee after creating the DS-160 form?

1 Like

I do have the same question. What is the online portal to pay MRV fees?

Steps to apply for Visa renewal in United States:

Step 1

Complete online submission of the DS–160 form by selecting “U.S.-DOMESTIC” as your location.

Step 2

Go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en , and create your Login.

Step 3

Applicant must pay their visa fee. (Please visit bank and payment options page for visa fee related information). Make the payment only using Indian Debit/Credit cards or Indian source of funds.

Step 4

Applicant will need to schedule an appointment on their profile by selecting ‘Washington DC’ as their visa adjudicating post and then print the appointment letter.

Step 5

Three days before the appointment date, applicant will receive an email containing instructions for the document submission process. The email will include a prepaid courier airway bill that should be carried along with the documents to FedEx courier office for submission.

Step 6

Applications that qualify as per criteria, their documents will be forwarded to the Department for adjudication.

Step 7

Passports with issued visa will be returned via FedEx courier to your chosen courier delivery address. If your application is not approved, your passport will be returned to you via FedEx.