H4 and H4 EAD premium

I am hearing some news in some youtube channels stating USCIS decides to announce premium processing for H4 and H4 EADs soon. Is that correct? Anyone heard this news? Please share.

Thanks,
Sailaja Prakash

Somehow USCIS doesn’t think H4/EAD needs premium processing :frowning:

• The regulation will expand premium processing service to additional case types, including additional categories of I-140 petitions, certain Form I-765 employment authorization document (EAD) applications, and some Form I-539 applications to change or extend status.
  • The rule will take effect 60 days after publication in the Federal Register, but implementation will occur in phases over a period of at least three years and dependent on DHS’s capacity.
  • The phased implementation is expected to begin this fiscal year with EB-1 Multinational Manager and EB-2 National Interest Waiver (NIW) I-140 petitions, Form I-539 applications to change to F, J, or M status, and Form I-765 applications for F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) and J exchange visitor employment authorization.
  • In FY 2025, premium processing is expected to become available for Form I-539 applications for extensions and changes of status for dependents of H, L, E, O, P, and R principal nonimmigrants, and for Form I-765 applications for an as yet unspecified additional group of EAD application types.
1 Like