H4 and H4 EAD premium

I am hearing some news in some youtube channels stating USCIS decides to announce premium processing for H4 and H4 EADs soon. Is that correct? Anyone heard this news? Please share.

Thanks,
Sailaja Prakash

Somehow USCIS doesn’t think H4/EAD needs premium processing :frowning:

• The regulation will expand premium processing service to additional case types, including additional categories of I-140 petitions, certain Form I-765 employment authorization document (EAD) applications, and some Form I-539 applications to change or extend status.
  • The rule will take effect 60 days after publication in the Federal Register, but implementation will occur in phases over a period of at least three years and dependent on DHS’s capacity.
  • The phased implementation is expected to begin this fiscal year with EB-1 Multinational Manager and EB-2 National Interest Waiver (NIW) I-140 petitions, Form I-539 applications to change to F, J, or M status, and Form I-765 applications for F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) and J exchange visitor employment authorization.
  • In FY 2025, premium processing is expected to become available for Form I-539 applications for extensions and changes of status for dependents of H, L, E, O, P, and R principal nonimmigrants, and for Form I-765 applications for an as yet unspecified additional group of EAD application types.
1 Like

Hi Kalpesh,

My husband got his H1B approved until 2025. My h4 and h4 ead extensions is filed along with h1b extension in April 2022 which is pending.

My current H4 and H4 EAD will expire in Sep 2022. My I-94 is not current in my password but i have it in my I797 until Sep 2022. Could you please advise me the best option to get my I-94 extended based on my husband’s H1B (until 2025)? Main gain of getting my I-94 is to become eligible for H4 EAD auto extension so that i can continue my work

Thanks,
Sailaja Prakash

You can extend your I-94 with CBP at Mexico/Canada border, based in your husband’s I-797.

Hi Kalpesh,

Do i need a visitor visa for canada to get my I94? could you help me with any info how to get the visitor visa.

1 Like

Thanks Anil,

I notice that it takes 20 to 40 days to get the visitor visa for canada. My only purpose of visiting neighboring country from US to get my I-94 updated so that i will become eligible for H4 EAD 180 days auto extension.

Since my current h4 is valid only until 15th Sep 2022 i am afraid if i could get the canada visitor visa before that to travel. Could you please advise which is the best option and place and right visa (visitor or travel visa/travel card) to visit for my I-94 update?

Thanks,
Sailaja Prakash

Hello Anil,

Due to visa constraints, instead of Canada, I am thinking of visiting Texas through air as per the link(i94 Extension Laredo TX US Mexico Border (Bridge 1 Experience) - USA) for my I-94 update.

Please advise if i can go to Texas and get my I94 updated to match with my husband’s I797?
my visa in my passport expired in 2016 but I will carry h4 (approval copy valid till 15 sep 2022), husband’s I797 approval copy (until 2025), my passport, driving license.

Would that work?

Thanks,
Sailaja Prakash

Hi @SailajaPrakash ,

I am also in the same boat. I would like to get more info on were you able to extend your I94. Did you go to Canada border / Mexico border and did it work only with H1B approval (without H4 approval and Expired H4 Visa)? Any information will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.