H4 EAD Automatic extension Options

Hello,

Looking for some guidance or feedback on my options for H4 EAD automatic extension

My H1B will expire this Oct and My wife H4 and H4 EAD will expire at the same time. My employer is working on my H1B extension. I would like to know what would be the best option for my wife’s H4 and EAD so that she can continue to work

1. File all (H1 PP, H4 and EAD) concurrently, not sure how long it will take for approvals for H4 and EAD.
  2. File H1B in premium, get approval notice and travel to Canada or Mexico to renew wife I-94 and apply for EAD so that she will be eligible for automatic extension.
  3. File H1 in premium, go for H4 visa stamping and apply for EAD so that she will be eligible for automatic extension. H4 visa dates are unavailable at this time.

We are inclined for Option 2 but wanted to check if we need to file I-539( extension of stay) after I-94 extension and also what are the chances of I-94 extensions at border crossing?

Any suggestion or feedback would be great.

Thanks

This is preferred option and lot of people have reported doing this. You dont need to file EOS after I-94 is extended by CBP. Just apply EAD with extended I-94 before the current EAD expires.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.