H4 EAD expedited process completed but no response

Below are timeline I have till now.

April 11 2019 - Submitted H4 EAD new application to USCIS
April 19 2019 - Received by USCIS and receipt notice is issued.
July 25 2019 - Called USCIS to created expedited request
July 27 2019 - Received an email saying expedited request is completed. Notice of action will be received within 45 days
September 9 2019 - Called USCIS, since 45 days are already over. They created another expedited request for administrative error
September 10 2019 - Received an email saying expedited request is completed. Notice of action will be received within 45 days

I’m not sure what we are doing wrong, when my application will be processed and what is that 45 days timeline if they couldn’t respond in time.

Can someone help me in this? Anyone faced similar issue like this.

Hi @Ann_Sharmi

Expedited request should be ‘approved’ to get the fast processing.

Request completion simply means that they considered your request and then took either approved it or denied it.

What was the decision in your case? Did USCIS agreed to processing your case faster?

@Anil.Gupta
Thanks for your quick response. This is the email I received from USCIS both the times.

Sep 09 2019
The status of this service request is:

On 09/09/2019, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-765 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice , Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

July 25 1019

The status of this service request is:

On July 25, 2019, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-765 to notify us that you were requesting an expedited review of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice , Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

Hi @Ann_Sharmi

This does not mean that USCIS approved your expedite request. They have just told that your EAD case is currently under processing and you may get a result within 45 days.

USCIS is clever!!

Hi @Anil.Gupta

Can you tell me what I can do now to get it expedited or to get it approved soon. It’s close to 5 months since I applied EAD and their first 45 days timeline got over without any action.

Thank you.

Hi @Ann_Sharmi

You are doing what you can to file an expedite request. I don’t think you have any other option.

Did you try contacting your congressman?

Hi @Anil.Gupta
No not yet. I’m under impression that my expedited request is approved since it said decision will be made within 45 days :frowning:
What I expected is they will ask for supporting documents for expedited request.
Yesterday when I tried explaining these things to USCIS they created an INFOPASS appointment and I yet to receive call from them(48 to 72 hours) to create local USCIS office appointment. But I’m not sure what good it gonna do it to me.
I never talked to congressman before. Is that the only way and what is the reference I can give to them to get it expedited and how USCIS will come to know that we went to take help from congressman.

Sorry for asking lot of questions.

Infopass appointment is useless. They can’t and will not do anything.

You have to contact your local congressman and then they will send your request to USCIS on their own.

May I know which service center this is? I applied for expedite and received the same response as well.

California service centre

@Anil.Gupta
Finally got my EAD approved on Sep 17th. The request which we raised after 45 days was considered as expedited and got response in a week. Thanks for the assistance.

1 Like

Congratulations @Ann_Sharmi

Hi,
I have applied for H4 +H4 EAD extension along with my husband’s H1 B under premium processing. My husband got his H1 B approved. I completed my biometrics two weeks back. I heard that the processing time for the H4+ EAD approval is somewhere between 3 to 5 months.

My husband is planning to go to India in two months to get his H1 B stamped. Can I go along with him and get my H4 stamped (using his approval notice) in India? Even though my extension here in the US is not approved yet or should I wait for my extension to be approved to go and get it stamped.

Can someone help me here.

Thank You in advance.

Hi @kkb

Your question about travel while H4, H4 EAD is pending has been answered here. Please read.

Hello Anil ,
I requested for expedite process of my H4 EAD and also through the congressman.
Congressman office forwarded me the below email after taking up the case with USCIS.
Is this a generic message or can we assume that the case will be looked up as priority since this is requested by Congressman?

Dear Mrs.XXXX,

The following update has been provided to me by the California Service Center:

Thank you for your June 23, 2020, inquiry on behalf of your constituent, XXXX, regarding the I-765 filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

In receipt of your inquiry, the adjudications unit was contacted. Your constituent’s case is pending review and your constituent should receive a notice of action on this case within 45 days. Please contact us again if the timeframe has expired and the constituent has not received a notice of action from USCIS.*

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, Notice of Intent to Deny or Notice of Intent to Revoke.

I will continue to forward any additional correspondence to you. If you have any questions or wish to submit additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

@Anil.Gupta Can you provide your inputs for my case.

Hi @nt228159

This is a generic email response from USCIS and basically does not mean anything.

Just check USCIS Status Online on the case tracker and it changed to “New Card is being produced”

New Card Is Being Produced

On June 30, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number ****, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

But in my USCIS Account , the status is still " Your case is received"

This seems weird. @Anil.Gupta is this something to be concerned about?