H4 EAD without Green Card Process

Hello Anil Sir,

I was on H1B in USA for 6 years. Then I moved to India and now it’s been almost two years and have got again selected for H1B Visa and plan to travel soon. I see following comments on google:

Eligible individuals for an H4 EAD include H4 dependent spouses of H1B employees who have been in the US for more than six years on H1B status or who have begun the Green Card process in the US .

Can my wife file for H4 EAD even, my green card process has not been started?


1 Like

Unless you have approved I-140 , your H4 spouse can’t get EAD. If you dont have one, ask your employer to start green card process for you asap.