H4 Entry + I539 Extension

My wife recently entered the US (her current H4 visa stamp expiring 9/30/2022) and the CBP officer gave her an i94 with an end date 3 years from now based on my H1B I797 extension.

Does she still need to file for an I539 extension of stay?

No. The I-94 issued by CBP will govern her H4 status so no need to apply extension of status.

1 Like

Thanks, @Kalpesh_Dalwadi for the reply.