H4 Ext, EAD Premium Processing Bill Passed (L2, F1 EB1 Included) - Questions & Answers

This page has comments for

Anil,

Any idea when this will in effect. I have y wife h4 pending for 4 months. She will lose job in another 2 months

Hi Anil,
Can we expect this to be implemented soon or would it take months for USCIS to implement this?

So does this also mean that if anyone has to extend H4+EAD the fees are expected to be total $1750+$1500 and the duration be 30+30 total days? Thanks

Just saw this status for the bill. Signed by President on 1st October.

My L2/EAD Extention was filed on 5/13 and biometrics applied on 7/23. However, since then both the cases haven’t moved any further. What are my chances of getting these approved at the earliest as my EAD expires on 10/10? When will this good news go into effect?

I’ve seen numerous posts where the dependents are patiently waiting to receive extension and EAD approvals. I’m one of them too and know what kind of anxiety has affected the peace of mind and everything we do! Hence sending this little positive thought for all of us, “may all those who are eagerly waiting for the dependent extensions and EADs be given a very good news shortly of approvals to save their jobs as USCIS employees are touched by the angel of mercy and are able to clear the backlog miraculously, may their hearts and lives be blessed.”

Hello Anil

In USCIS News they are not mentioned anywhere about they are not accepting Premium processing for H4 & L2 EAD starting from OCT 19 with the Fee increase of 1440 to 2500.

How are you confirming H4 and L2 EAD primium process is not yet started and it takes in months.

Based on my understanding, new HR Bill is allowed to increase the primium processing and fees hike up to DEC 11 2020 to meet interim financial stopgap for continued uscis operation

Please Confirm your latest update about H4 and L2 EAD Premium Processing start delay for months

Thanks
Saravanan

Any idea when USCIS will start accepting h4 and ead under premium processing?

Hi Anil,

One of my friend is currently on H-1B VISA and planning to move to H4 (in COS). He has already filed the H4 (form – I-539) in September 2020 and got the receipt.

Now he is waiting for the biometrics and then H4 approval. He also has a plan to apply EAD once the H4 is approved. Does anyone know how much time H4 approval is taking nowadays.

There is a news from USCIS that after Dec 11th, 2020, H4-EAD can be filed in premium processing.

Now the question is if he applies for EAD in premium processing (before H4 approval), will H4 be also considered in premium as he is going to file H4 EAD in premium and should expect both H4 and EAD to be approved in 15-30 days after applying EAD in premium processing ?

Thanks

Hi Anu_R,

Could you please let me know from where you got to know the news about the H4-EAD premium processing dates (Dec 11th,2020).

Thanks,

All,
Does anyone know if USCIS has started the premium processing for H4 and H4 EAD after the announcement that came few weeks back . I already filed my H4 & EAD in Aug, and would like to know if I can bump my case to premium now.

Anyone here tried RN Law H4 EAD lawsuit?

Thought of sharing the good work AILA is doing. Please take action and sign this petition so that USCIS moves our cases faster - AILA - AILA’s Advocacy Action Center

Hi Anil,

Do you know when USCIS start accepting h4 and Ead in premium processing?

In Oct USCIS announced that H4/L2 EAD processing is available in premium processing, is that implemented so we can start applying

Hi All,

I am still waiting to hear from this group that if the H4 and EAD can be filed in premium processing ? I do not hear anything new about this.

Please confirm.

Hi All,

Will H4 premium processed if h1 is raised as a premium?

UCSIS has to update in 180 days , that means by april the h4 ead will be processed in premium or we get an update on april 1st?

Thanks

Now that we are in Sep 2021 and it was anticipated that USCIS may announce the premium processing fees and process for H4, L2 and EAD in July - Sep 2021 timeframe, is there any new news on this topic ? There are no signs of processing times going down at least at the CA service center, where it is in 12-16 month range for L2 extensions.