H4 stamped and waiting for H4 EAD

Hi Anil,
my wife had filed for H1b to H4 COS and H4 EAD back in March.
She didn’t get approval for either. So we decided to get the H4 stamped in India.
She has it now. Would it help if we send a scanned copy of her new visa to USCIS?
would it help speed up the application?
What else can we do?
Thanks in advance.

You should file a new H4 EAD application as and when your wife has returned to US. You need a valid H4 i94 to get H4 EAD approval.

Thank you for your reply Anil.
Is there no other way around it? Do we have to wait another 5 months without the EAD card?
And since she already has previous H1b, can she start applying for jobs and we can ask the new company to transfer her h1b (via COS from H4 to H1b)?

Thanks

Hi @jjjj1234

You can file H4 to H1B change of status but cannot start working until the COS has been approved.

She got a NOID on her H4 application today.
H4 EAD application status hasn’t changed.
So we now have H4 stamp and we might have to re apply for H4 EAD and wait another 6 months before it gets approved.
She can at least apply for premium H4 to H1b transfer right? I understand she won’t be able to start working before it is approved.
Does she need to get H1b stamp as well?
Thanks again for your help Anil.
This is the most useful forum for all our questions.

Hi @jjjj1234

If H4 to H1B change of status gets approved, there will be no need to go out of US.

Hi Anil,
we filed a new application as you had suggested. But her first application got approved last week.
The one we had filed with H1b -> H4 COS. The COS got denied but EAD got approved.
I think we need to withdraw the second EAD application now.
I just wanted to update this here in case anyone else is in the same boat and needs help.

Thanks again Anil!