H4 to F1 Change of status got RFE

Hello, my wife has applied for H4 to F1 change of status and received RFE. They have mentioned few reasons among them two little tricky as below,

1. COS to F1
    Reason for Returning to School: Submit a detailed statement explaining your reasons for returning to school at this time. Also include an explanation detailing how attending school in the United States would benefit you upon return to
    your home country.

2. Residence Abroad
    INA 101(a)(15)(F)(i) requires that an F-1 student establishes that he or she has a residence in a foreign
    country which he or she has no intention of abandoning, is a bona fide student qualified to pursue a
    full course of study, and seeks to enter the United States temporarily and solely for the purpose of
    pursuing such a course of study.
    Submit documentation to establish that you have maintained a foreign residence to which you intend
    to return at the expiration of your period of authorized study. The evidence may include, but is not
    limited to:
    Recent telephone bills and/or utility bills at your place of foreign residence;
    Residence Permit (government issued identity card) establishing foreign residence;
    Letter from government authorities on official letterhead with government seal showing your
    foreign residence;
    A letter from your parents indicating that you reside with them;
    Mortgage statements or current rental agreements relating to your foreign residence, to include
    rental receipts;
    A letter from your foreign bank, on the bank’s letterhead with the bank’s certification signature,
    which verifies your foreign residence address, bank account number, and shows an established
    relationship with the bank (e.g., bank account opened for 3 months)
    In addition, submit a statement and evidence detailing the effect your extended stay in the United
    States will have on your foreign residence. Fully explain and provide documentary evidence of how
    you are, and who is, managing your foreign residence for the time already spent in the United States
    and requested on the application.

Anyone has idea on how to respond this or any experience? Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If you applied via immigration attorney, they should be able to help. If you applied by self, the RFE seems very clear to me as far as supporting documents required. You will need to provide the answers inline and then attach supporting documents.

2 Likes

Hey. I got the same RFE. Did you get it resolved?

Hello Rena,

I also got the same RFE. Have you responded.?need some help. can you please email me at gopireddylavanya13@gmail.com

Hello,
I got exactly “Residence Abroad” RFE for my daughter with same text above.

Please let me know if someone can help to respond to this RFE and required supporting documents.

Regards,
Mahendra Balu

Hello Ajay,
I got “Residence Abroad” RFE for my daughter for H4 to F1 Status change.

I would be great help if you can provide your guidance to respond for this matter. I need to respond by 20th Feb 2024

Regards,
Mahendra Balu

Did you able to provide respond to same RFE?

I got same RFE for my daughter.

Any help !!!

Hi Mahendra,
I also received the same RFE for my daughter’s H4 to F1 COS. Could you please help?

Thanks
Anil

Hi Anil,

I can provide help on this.

Can you pls let me know when is RFE due to respond?

Regards
Mahendra Balu

Thanks Mahendra,

Appreciate your help. It’s due on march 04 but I would like to prepare and respond ASAP. Could you please email me at anilk0676@yahoo.com and I will share contact details.

Thanks,
Anil

I need your help to respond RFE on h4 to F1 COS. RFE due is 03/02/2024

Call me 8644973398 or email me jayachandran.kp@gmail.com