H4EAD delays and employment loss

@Anil.Gupta
@anil_am22

Hi Amit,
I writing this post to understand the possible solution in case H4EAD delays and employment loss. I applied for COS from F1 to H4 and EAD together at California service center. USCIS received both H4 and EAD application on October 25th 2023. On Dec 26th 2023, H4 was approved valid from Dec 22th 2023 to Nov 2025. The concern I have is, while I was on F-1 I was working and because of my change of status to H4 (pending EAD ) my work has to be suspended/terminated.

What people do similar situation, please help me on my possible options and what to mention to the employer if I could.

Also I learned that general wait time for California service center is around 3 months, from what date it is counted from?
for my case H4 and EAD was applied together . So I have 3 dates and I am not sure which one:

1. Date on which USCIS received the application (in my case they received both H4 and EAD on 25th October)
  2. Date on which H4 was approved(Dec 26 2023)
  3. Date from when H4 is Valid from (Dec 22 2023)

Awaiting response!!
Thanks in advance
Rajeev

Processing time is counted starting the receipt date.

@anil_am22
Hi Amit thank you. 2 follow up questions:

1. is it for every case that processing time is counted from date of receipt or it varies. For example if some body is already on H4 and applied for H4 EAD in that case the processing time would obviously start from date of receipt of H4 EAD application. But what about if H4 COS and H4 EAD were applied together? Does it start from the date H4 was approved or it would be still H4 EAD receipt date?

2. Assuming the processing date is counted from date of receipt for every case, and in my case 3 months processing time completes on 23rd January 2024. Worst case scenario, if it is still pending , what action I can take to expedite the process? and How?

Thank you
Rajeev

Hi @ringsingh - I have an H4 COS + EAD application pending with the California service center too. Could you let me know when you finally received your H4 EAD? It would be very helpful as I am trying to estimate my timeline.