H4EAD Renewal RFE to submit salary pay-stubs

Hi Anil,

I have submitted my H4 + H4EAD renewal on May 1st, 2019 to California center. In July 12, My H4 renewal gets approved, but the same time(in July 14th).

I receive notice saying H4EAD RFE as they will need my paystubs, I wonder why they would require my pay stubs?
My wife’s H1b extension was filed the same time with me on May 1st and she is in premium process and got approved in May.

Do you have expectation on how long will USCIS respond my RFE ? (supporting documents such as my 3month pay stubs and my wife’s I797 approval notice have been sent out on July 23rd ) . Have you heard anyone that has a similar situation like me?

Thanks,
David

Hi @David_Dai

Can you share the RFE document? Are you sure it was only the paystubs that was asked to be submitted in H4 EAD RFE?

Thanks for the quick responding!

Yeah, my document says " A . Approved Form I-140 from your spouse. OR H1B Nonimmigrant Received Extensions(I think that would be I-797). Your spouse’s form I797A and “please submit pay stbs for the last three months up to the present”"

So since we file H1 and H4 extension together, they should have all other documents such as I140 and I797 approval notice, but they don’t have my 3 months pay stubs.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
David

Hi @David_Dai

As per my understanding, USCIS is asking for primary H1B’s last 3 months pay stubs and not H4 EAD.

They only care about H1B’s continuation of work and not H4EAD’s work.

oh, got it. I think I already send my pay stub to them… is there any chance I can resend the correct pay stub to them again? It has passed a week, I think they must have received my old documents.

THanks!

Hi @David_Dai

You can send the correct paystubs and take your chance if USCIS will accept them or not.

Hi @David_Dai

You can send the correct paystubs and take your chance if USCIS will accept them or not.

Hi Anil,

Thanks so much for the reply. Yeah, we sent the correct pay stub out yesterday, hopefully they could accept it. Would you think this RFE review will take how long to hear back from them?

By the way, the original documents sent on July 24th.

Hi Anil, do you have expectation on when will we receive their response based on your experience? Thanks so much!!

David

Hi @David_Dai

California is currently taking anywhere between 90 to 120 days for EAD approval.