HR1044 + S386 Green Card Country Limit Removal Compromise Reached - Voting Possible

#HR1044 + #S386 voting on Sep 19, 2019 after Rand Paul compromise reached for removing country based green card limits.

Rand Paul agreed to remove hold from S386 with 5k fixed green cards for healthcare workers.
Good news for H1B workers - India, China.

Dear Anil

Thanks so much for covering this so very comprehensively, … your updates have been swift!

I have a question please: I recently got my EB1-A I-140 approved (final action date May 2019). The current projected time for EB1 India green cards is now showing up as 6 years after I-140 approval. Will EB-1 benefit from this bill, or is it just going to be EB2/ EB3? I was hoping that as the per country quota is going up from 7% to 15%, EB-1 should benefit as well?..

Look forward to your response,
Best wishes and thanks again,
Shivani

Hi @ssingh4356

This bill will benefit all categories as per current information. Don’t worry.

Thank you so very much Anil. How thoughtful of you pick up that I have been worried!

Anyway, I looked up the HR1044 bill in detail, in conjunction with the INA and what worried me are some wordings where they mention paragraphs pertaining to EB2/3/5 but not EB1, such as below (paragraphs 2, 3, 5 refer to EB2/3/5)–

(B) UNRESERVED VISAS.—With respect to the immigrant visas made available under each
of paragraphs (2), (3), and (5) of section 203(b) of such Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(b)) and not reserved under paragraph (1), for each of fiscal years 2020, 2021, and 2022, not more than 85 percent shall be allotted to immigrants who are natives of any single foreign state.

Any thoughts on this?
Many thanks again,
Shivani

Hi @ssingh4356

I will have to look at this again as i don’t recall anything specific mentioned.

Will check and reply later.

Thanks so very much Anil. I think there has been a change in the senate version of the bill and the country cap for employment VISA’s is completely removed (allegedly). Bu the paragraph I posted is still the same. However, I think I dont understand it very well.

Would be so great if you could check.

Best wishes
Shivani

Dear Anil
Thanks for all the updates on HR1044. Is it totally shelved now or is there any chance it would be looked at again in October? Can it be applied retrospectively or do we have to wait for the next fiscal year now?
Look frwd to your response,
Best wishes
Shivani

Hi @ssingh4356

At this time point, it does look like it has been shelved.

There is no retrospective effect.

@anil_am22 when you get a chance can you please put some kind of a tomb stone image or something similar to the article page titled hr1044-s386-voting-on-senate-floor. It would be fitting send off. So many of us were eagerly watching this page.

Happy holidays.

Thanks
Madhu

You mean something like a graveyard pic?