I and my wife live in US and jointly own a villa in Bangalore(Karnataka). I want to sell thw villa to a buyer who lives in Bangalore(Karnataka). My brother also lives is in Bangalore(Karnataka).
I am planning to prepare the POA in US, get it certified in Indian Consulate(USA) and send it back to India by registered post.
Based on my circumstances, can you kindly answer my queries below :-
- Can I and my wife both give the POA to my brother to conduct the sale transaction ?
- Do we need two separate POA; one from me to my brother and one from my wife to my brother ?
- Should I prepare SPOA rather than POA ? Which one is mandatory in this case ?
- Do I need to pay a significant fee to get the POA registered in the Sub Registrar office in Bangalore(Karnataka)?
- Are the rules very different with respect to POA in different states of India ?
If you can kindly clear my doubts, it will help significantly.
Thanks so much.