I40 withdrawn by employer after 180 days

I had I140 approved from my previous employer A and priority date was Sep 2016. Later i moved to new company B on September 2017 (completed 360 days with him after I140 approval)

Later in Feb 2018 i applied for my wife’s H4EAD . I got RFE saying i have submitted the revoked I140 and the revoked date was Feb 4th 2018.
I called my employer and asked him about this ,he told he just applied for withdrawal of I140 and it can’t be revoked by USCIS.
Later i sent him the RFE document of my wife’s H4EAD ,then he told it is clearly mistake from USCIS side.
can you please guide me what i can do at this stage . My 6 years of H1b ends in July 2020. My new employer has not yet started GC process and they told they will do .
can i take the help of any attorney and get the status of my I140 revoked to Withdrawal again ?
if its possible then my priority date will be the retained and i can use the I140 to file H1b Extensions right ?

You should talk to an attorney and see if there is an option available. I am not aware of any such option though at this time.

You should ask your current employer to immediately start the GC process to have a new i140 approved before your H1B 6 year completion.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the response . Yes my employer is initiating the process. just wanted to ensure if it is possible before going to the attorney but anyway will look out for a good attorney and contact them.

Even if it is possible to get the USCIS decision changed, it will certainly take at-least 5-12 months keeping in mind their processing speeds.

So, it is better that you start your process in parallel.

1 Like

ok thank you will do that

Hi @manju1985

Can you share as to what action you took and were you able to use your revoked i140?

Did you find the reason of i140 revocation?

Hey Manju

Could you please let me know were you able to use your revoked i140 to extend after 6 year and able to get the priority date. I need your help . I am right now in same scenario.

Thanks
Anand027

Yes I was able to use the old i140 without any issues

Thank you so much Manju. But what happened to your H4EAD RFE .my current employer said he will not file my GC now it will take time to process . I am in my last year of 6 year cap.

It got denied as my employer had revoked the i140 petition. For h4ead active i140 should be there.

Thank you very much @manju1985

Hi Manju, how you were able to use revoked I140 from previous employer ? Was it revoked or was it withdrawn ?

And what about EAD? Was is not approved becuase your 140 was revoked ? If it was in withdrawn status your EAD could have been approved right ?