I485 EAD approved but AP is pending - Card not received yet

Dear Anil,
happy new year, wish all the best to you & your family in 2020.
I found my EAD Approval Date: 19 Nov 2019, but AP Approval Date is still pending so far. does it mean I need to wait for the combo card after AP is also approved too. or is it possible to get EAD independently early? Thanks for your time. :blush:

Hi @JC68913

It does seem like USCIS is waiting for your advance parole approval to send your combo card.

Otherwise, the card is normally delivered within 7 days after approval.

2 Likes

Dear Anil,
thanks for the prompt reply, so I need to wait for AP… however, happy new year !!

Dear Anil,
L1A under regular period,
i485 pending, no EAD & AP yet.
is it OK to go overseas & back with L1A, no impact to i485?

Hi @JC68913

I have covered travel issues while advance parole is pending here.

1 Like

Dear Anil, appreciate, have a very nice night. :blush:

Dear Anil,
I just received a Receipt Notice Fee Waived - I485J. does it have some special meaning?

I don’t think it has any meaning.

1 Like

Dear Anil,
may I ask for some detail? for example, if the announced Feb final action date of the green card becomes 4/1/2019, does it mean my case with priority date 3/14/2019 already be processed in Jan. or it will be processed in Feb.?

The green card case can only be processed if the date is current in final action chart.

1 Like

thanks Anil,
if I saw my priority date is already on the final action chart of the next month, normally when can I get the green card? middle or end of the next month? or it still takes few months to go?

Green card can take some time to arrive. The i485 case should be approved first while your PD date is current.

1 Like

Dear Anil,
if I leave the company (EB1C) before 180d i485 pending period, can I stay in the US by waiting for the i485 result or I need to leave the US soon even I already have EAD or Combo card?

You can stay in US with pending i-485.

1 Like

thanks, even my pending i485 is EB1C & I left the sponsor?
or any I shall do to maintain the legal stay in the US like finding another sponsor?

You should have a sponsoring Employer all the time if you have filed i485 in Employment category.

1 Like

thanks, Anil,
so if I can find another company to sponsor & file a new 485 for me before leaving the current company, does it works?

That should work if you can file i485 with new employer.

1 Like

Dear Anil, appreciate for all.
one more question, can 2 companies sponsor the same one?
I mean does it work? there are 2 companies file 485 for me.
One company is willing to sponsor me if I leave the company sponsor my current 485.
how to process? the 2nd company need to send out the new 485 before I leave the current company?
Best Regards,

The new employer will have to port your PD date and use supplement J to port your pending i485.

You should talk to an attorney to plan everything and then file it.

1 Like