India convert E-Visa to Entry Visa

Hi,
Myself and my wife are Indian citizens. My wife and my daughter travelled to India on a medical emergency in my wife’s family. My daughter travelled in E-visa with her USA passport. Its been 3 months since they travelled. Now the situation is like they need to extend their stay beyond 6 months.

When my wife reached out to FRRO office. They gave the instructions to convert E-Visa to Entry visa. They asked to affidavit my daughter’s birth certificate in USA embassy.

But Human Verification under Notary and other services that we CANNOT provide they say U.S. Embassies and Consulates do not have the authority to affix an apostille to U.S. documents so please do not book an appointment for this reason.

What should I do now. Does U.S. Embassies in India apostille US birth certificate. Else does FRRO accepts if I apostille my daughter birth certificate in USA?

US Embassies CANNOT apostille Birth Certificate. This link has details on what they can and cannot do in terms of notary and other services.

It’s best to talk to FRRO on whether they will accept birth certificate apostilled in USA. If they are ready to accept apostille from Embassies, then why wouldn’t they accept something done in US? Generally, it’s the Secretary of State in the state where the document was issued, is authorized to affix the apostille. They should be made aware of this, if they are not already.

1 Like