India travel while I-485 and AP extension are pending

Hi Anil,
Thank you in advance for patiently reading all the questions and answering.
my spouse has AOS Advance parole valid till 5/21/2024. her I-485 and AP extensions are still pending, she has valid H1B visa stamped until 5/31/2024, but she has not been working from the past 6 months (I assume her H1b is not valid now) she has accepted a job offer based on her EAD, before joining the new job, she wanted to visit India and come back before May/ her current EAD expires, could you please explain what are the risks involved with this travel? is there any problem with her I-485 or EAD or entry at the port?

If she comes back to US before the expiry of current AP, there’s no issue. Her AP renewal application will also remain valid.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

If her AP extension gets approved while she is in India, does she need to carry the new AP or is it okay to enter the US with the current AP?

There’s a high chance of her AP approval this month, as my child’s AP was approved last week, both of their APs were applied on the same day.

Thank you so much for the quick reply.
If her AP extension gets approved while she is in India, does she need to carry the new AP or is it okay to enter the US with the current AP?
There’s a high chance of her AP approval this month, as my child’s AP was approved last week.

Could someone please comment on the implications of travel while AP extension is pending?

What happens to the current AP, if the AP extension is approved when a person is outside of the USA? which one should they carry to enter the US?

Deleted my response as @Diwedy has a better answer below.

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Actually, as per USCIS, if one travels with valid AP and returns before the expiry, the renewal is not impacted.

Wow… Thanks a lot @Diwedy .

I was not aware of it.
Very good information. I will bookmark this page.

Appreciate it.

I am changing my response above for people who might visit this page in future.

Thank you so much for the detailed information.

Truly appreciate it.