Indian Minor Passport - EXIT SLIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS FILE

Hi, I applied for a fresh passport for my son (minor). Its been 16 days - status shows under-process at RPO and trying to download acknowledgement slip prints out ‘EXIT SLIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS FILE.’ does anyone have similar experience? I have tried asking at local police office to check - and they haven’t received any inquiry so far. any pointers will be much appreciated. Thank you.

I don’t understand as to what are you trying to print here?

I am just trying to see the status on the application - at-least the acknowledgement slip shows some more status rather then just seeing ‘application under review…’. and trying to call at helpdesk isn’t helpful either - always busy.

Have you tried dropping an email for the same? You can send an email if unable to get in touch with the help-desk. They are quite responsive on emails.

Also, did you not opt for SMS services on your Application? One should always opt for it as it gives you timely updates on the progress of your passport application.
Usually the police verification happens within 2-3 weeks of submitting your application at PSK (for non tatkaal applications).

Thank you @negi . I sent an email to RPO office few weeks back - will try sending to the ones you mentioned. I didn’t opted for SMS service because the local POPSK didn’t had that option for us to sign-up[pay cash Rs50]. We have already contacted our local police station few times and they haven’t received any inquiry yet - thats why I am anxious. Online status shows ‘…under review…’ - no idea where the application is. I will try visiting Passport office - and since I live pretty remote so it will be a day along trip to visit PSK - but nevertheless seems like the last option. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Ohh I wasnt aware. I thought all PSKs in India have that facility. Drop an email on all the email addresses in that link and maybe someone will reply on the passport status. Otherwise you will have to take the last option of visiting the PSK. Wish you luck!

Hi @Deepak_Chaudhary,

I am in same boat like you. I have applied passport for my minor son 2 weeks back. I got acknowledgement slip on that day to my email. I am able to download acknowledgement letter till couple of days back from website. Now while trying to download from website it is showing ‘EXIT SLIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS FILE.’ While checking status it shows ‘application under review…’

Any pointers from your side? Is your issue resolved? Please let me know

Hi @Viswa_B - mostly you will need to visit to local passport office to find out the exact issue - from my experience they possibly need some additional documents or clarification. In my case they needed some clarification on brith certificate. Once it was provided, they pushed application to ‘Police Verification’.

Thanks @Deepak_Chaudhary for the quick reply. Should I take my kid along with me or can I go alone and visit?

It should be ok if you just go by yourself without kid - I am not sure if it varies from place-to-place, in my case my son wasn’t with me.

Thanks @Deepak_Chaudhary

Hi Deepak and viswa,

I can able to see exit slip for few days and later it showing as exit slip is not available… One more thing I want to mention here is that my police verification is successful cleared and the status is passport application is granted… do I have any problem with my application ???

I also received an objection letter asking me for clarification for the name difference of my father/mother on my birth certificate.

Can you please tell me in detail what exactly happened after you went to your regional passport office?

My police verification report is also stuck at our district SP office. They keep telling me their digital signature has expired! :frowning:

Please reply.

1 Like

I’m having similar issue did you get your passport now

Please let know if the Exit Slip not Available… issue is resolved for anyone of you and how was it resolved.

bhai same issue showing me exit slip not available. can u tell did u got passport finish?

help me- i have same issue exit slip is not available and
status showing police verification is initiated…
i already submited my document to police . police verification is submited but on stutus tracker its still not updated

I had applied for my daughter on 20th Dec with my wife passport renewal. My wife got the new passport but for minor the status is showing: Police Verification Report for passport application is under review at the Regional Passport Office. Passport will be dispatched after Police Verification Report is found clear. The applicant would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched.

When I am checking the * Acknowledgement Letter it shows
EXIT SLIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS FILE.

Earlier at least it was showing some information

Local police says they had given clearance for both applicants. Not sure what these passport guys are doing with minor passport. They issued the Mother’s passport and holding minor’s passport. Customer care guy saying there are lot of files to process and just wait :angry:.

Have scheduled the appointment to visit their office. Its pathetic service @Bhubaneswar RPO

Hi Sekhar
How long it took in your case to get the passport and what was the reason they said. Is this automatically resolved or you had to visit the office

Hi,
I have exactly the same case with my passport.
However there was an issue at the psk where they said details are missing and did not change my status to granted.
What is your status now? Have u received the passport yet?? Should I visit the RPO??
Thanks in advance for your response!