Indian passport parent name spelling mistake

On my daughters passport the first page is correct but on last page in fathers name it has one letter mistake (BHUDESH is typed instead of BHUPESH) so can this be handled by affidavit at consulate ?? (We are at uae )

You should get an affidavit. It can help.

Could you please help with the affidavit format for such a request?

Hi @vamshi_67

The passport can be corrected by applying for renewal and asking for correct father’s name.

Include father’s passport or any other government issued document to prove the correct spelling.

Hi @anil_am22

I had applied for my passport renewal and yesterday I had received my new passport. But I noticed my surname was misspelt in the passport. There one additional letter “A” in my surname. What is the process to get it corrected? The VFS site has details for name change but nothing related to correction. Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

If the mistake is theirs (VFS/Consulate), you can reach out to them to get it corrected. If the rectification is approved by the competent authority a new booklet with new passport number would be issued.

However, if the mistake is yours (e.g. misspelt in application), you will have to go through another renewal for correction.

You might have to visit in person (if the center is open) to present the case and answer queries then and there. Better to take action on it ASAP.

1 Like