Indian PCC from current address in Bangalore or permanent address in Cochin?

Hi Anil,

I am currently working in Bangalore. However, my passport has my native address( Cochin). Should I take PCC from Cochin or Bangalore ? While applying for PCC, the current address is required. Please advise.

Regards,
AJ

You should use your current address to apply for Indian PCC with Indian Passport office.

Apply for PCC in Bangalore.

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your reply. However, I don’t have any proof ( Aadhar card, Passport ) other than the rental agreement. I have been staying in the current address from Oct 2018 which is less than a year. Kindly let me know if this suffice.

Regards,
AJ

It is your choice if you want to file from current address or permanent address.
I am not sure what you really want to do if you do not have any address proof for your current address.

Address proof is mandatory. It is better you apply from Cochin in that case or first get Aadhar card made if you want to apply from Bangalore.

I cannot change the Indian PCC rules.

Hi Anil,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Regards,
AJ

Hi Anil… The same case with me here… I just have my rental agreement… is that single proof sufficient to go through the PCC at current address?? Will there be any problem if I do it from my permanent address?? can you please share your thoughts

Hi @Kevin_Nash
You can apply for PCC from your current address in Bangalore but the chances are high that there will be a police verification required.

The case officer at passport officer will decide.

Hi Anil… Is doing PCC from permanent address valid rather than doing it from current address ? Coz throughout india it shud be fine right ?

It is valid but passport office might ask you for your current address.

It is better that you say that your permanent address is your current address.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!!

1 Like

Hi @Anil.Gupta: I want to apply for PCC in advance as i am hoping to get an invite (per your analysis :slight_smile:) in the next round of draw.

just want to confirm if i can file for PCC with RTO chosen as my present residential address.

I have a different address (before marriage’s) in the passport. That shouldnt be a thing to worry about, right?

Hi @immitoaus

Which country PCC are you talking about here? I cannot guess what you mean by RTO here either.

Please do not assume that I would know your nationality when you ask question. It is better to share as much information as you can to get faster and to-the-point answer.

Assuming, you are talking about Indian PCC from Indian passport office, you will be asked for police verification if your current address is different than address in passport.

I am also moving your question to a relevant page.

Hey @Anil.Gupta, sorry for the partial info. Yes , I was talking about Indian PCC.
From your reply and the above posts,I understand that we should apply PCC from current address. I have address proof for my current address as well.
Was just worried if I needed to file PCC from the location mentioned in my passport as in ACS I had submitted address in the passport, therefore wanted to avoid any discrepancy.

Hi @immitoaus

Address in ACS does not matter as long as you have the valid PCC.

1 Like

Hi,
My passport has my permanent address of Mumbai and my husband has permanent address of Bihar on his passport. Our current address is in Mumbai which is rental, we went to PSK Mumbai yesterday but got declined saying you can get PCC only on the address mentioned on passport and spouse name to be added. Can you please suggest from where do me and my hsuband get the PCC done ? Do we need to change the passport to the rental address? OR can we keep same address and just add spouse name and I do my PCC in mumbai and he in Bihar ? Please help.