Indian PCC validity for Canada PR

Hi Anil,
Thank you so much for creating this site with amazing information. I have
specific question related to Police clearance. I have obtained PCC from India in 2016, before coming to US. After that I am living in US. I will be taking US PPC shortly. I have received ITA and my points are 900+.

1. Do I need to get India PCC again now?
  2. Do we need to show PCC hardcopy anywhere? Looks like I forgot that copy into India.

I have another question not related to PCC though. If I started “continue application”, and later decide to deny ITA (if not able to get all docs in 60 days), can I do that.

Thanks.

Hi @San16

Indian PCC is considered valid only for 6 months for purpose of Canada PR.

You need to get a new Indian Police clearance certificate now from Indian Embassy.

I am not sure about the ITA application question at this time.

Thank you Anil, for quick response.
Just wanted to add complete information. In June 2016 I obtained Indian PCC from India. And I am in US since July 2016. Whether it will affect your answer? Is it still valid for 6 months only?
Thanks.

My answer is still same.

Thank you for your response Anil!

1 Like

Hi Sir/Mam,

I am an Indian working in Singapore. I got the invite for Express entry. Since I am currently working in Singapore, I got Indian PCC from Singapore. I selected Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship and I got the letter that says ""It is certified that there is no adverse information against [Applicant’ Name] holder of Passport No. [Passport Number] issued at [Place] on [date] which would render him or her ineligible for I MMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA."

Is this correct or should I re-apply and ask for another letter that says “Eligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA” ?

Mithu,
This is correct. There are 2 negations in the statements. **NO ADVERSE *** INELIGIBLE **Which means you are eligible and this is correct PCC.

1 Like

Hi @Mithu_Nair

You are fine as long as you are planning to use this Indian PCC for Canada PR and not citizenship.

Thanks. I asked because my all my friends have a different version and only mine says CITIZENSHIP. Their ones are like this

Hi @Mithu_Nair

I am not sure why have they issued the PCC with a different text.

You can apply another PCC if you want.

Thank @Anil. If say I apply with this letter and if this is not the required one, when will they notify to update correct letter? Or will it be application rejection if something is wrong?

I do not know how the case officer will take it.

Hi Anil,

Thank you for sharing the detail about PCC. I had wanted to re-confirm the expiry of PCC for Canada PR. I got my PCC on 15th Feb 2019. I went to India twice after that once for 3 weeks and another time for 5 weeks. Even the total of both visit days doesn’t exceed 180 days. Do you think I can use my last year’s PCC? Or Do I need to apply for a new one?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @kamil2990
Please read the discussion above.

Congratulations on receiving an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for Canada!

Regarding your questions:

Indian [Police Clearance Certificate (PCC):

1. Validity: PCCs usually have a validity period, often ranging from six months to a year. Given that your Indian PCC was obtained in 2016 and you’ve been residing in the US since then, it might have expired or could be considered outdated.
  2. New PCC: It’s advisable to obtain a new Indian PCC to ensure it’s current and aligns with the requirements of your Canadian immigration application.

Showing PCC Hard Copy:

1. Submission: Typically, you need to upload scanned copies of your PCC and other documents when submitting your application online. If you have the scanned copy of your Indian PCC, ensure to include it in your application.
  2. Physical Copy: While applying online, there might not be a need to physically show the hard copy. However, immigration authorities might request original documents or certified copies during the application process, so it’s essential to have these documents available.

Denying an ITA:

1. Continuing Application: If you’ve started the application process by creating a profile and receiving an ITA but decide not to proceed further due to inability to gather all necessary documents within the 60-day timeframe, you can decline the ITA.
  2. Declining ITA: This won’t have a negative impact on your eligibility or future applications. You can always re-enter the pool and submit a new Expression of Interest (EOI) profile in the future when you’re better prepared.

Before making any decisions, ensure you thoroughly understand the requirements and time constraints for your Canadian immigration application. Consulting with an immigration advisor or referring to the official immigration guidelines can provide clarity and help you make informed decisions.