Issues with Indian Passport renewal via VFS Global

Thank you and God Bless you for sending these steps. It was taking me in circles!
Best,

I am not getting any activation mail for registering with VFS global. Anyone faced the same issue? I did it on a Sunday and I am wondering if works only during weekdays?

1 Like
1 Like

Were you able to get the activation mail?

I have tried creating a profile using multiple mail-IDs across both weekends and weekdays but haven’t received activation link on any mail yet. I also tried the ‘reset password’ trick but didn’t get any mail that way either.

Hi, @K_Y
Not sure what you mean by $30 became $15. Were you able to generate courier labels without paying other fees ?
I am faced with a similar situation with the courier label.
I chose to use the money order method but want to avail vfs courier service and therefore pay for that much.
However the site doesnt let me do it and asking me to provide my own labels.
Is this the norm? Wonder why they havent made it crystal clear before application is submitted.

Can someone who has done this recently for NY please comment what are my options now ?
Do I need to send return envelope and label both?

@Anoop_George
Where did you see that Annexure E should be notarized?
I don’t see any notarization requirement for Annexure E.

@Remya_Ravindran Hi,
Please share your experience of using non-vfs courier service for shipping and return shipping.
It seems vfs wont allow using their courier service and pay for that part only unless you opt for online payment for the whole thing.
thanks

Hi,
I have submitted my application for passport renewal, and I received a response. Could you please confirm whether I should send my photographs through courier or simply upload them using the link provided?

Dear Applicant, Greetings from VFS Global Services. On close scrutiny of your application the following have been found to be missing. You are requested to mail to VFS Global Services Passport Department (MATCH UP) 128 East 32nd street, 2nd Floor New York NY 10016. Photos must have ABSOLUTE white background. Any other color background including shades of white, off white, White with little hint of blue/pink/gray any other color NOT acceptable. Submit 2 identical, recently taken 2x2 inches Photos with clear white background. Use below link to upload photo. VFS : WebForm

Pending document/Rejection details:
Documents Comments
Photograph Provided photo background is not clear white.

Looks like they have given you option to upload scanned photos directly.