MLTSSL-242111-University Lecturer, needs English IELTS(G/A) or PTE-A?

Dear @Anil.Gupta,

My name is Naveen and I am from India. I need your expert advice on the following query. We need to apply for the Australian PR under subclass 189 for the occupation MLTSSL-242111-University Lecturer. My wife is a Ph.D. and currently working as an Assistant Professor from last 11 years.

There is a doubt related to which English competency test to appear for the points to be claimed for EOI (242111-University Lecturer).

I got to know from many sources that if any occupation is listed under SOL for General Skilled Migration scheme, the primary applicant has to appear anyone of the following english tests IELTS-General or PTE-Academic.

Some says that the primary applicant has to appear for IELTS-Academic without any exception.

Please clarify on this doubt. We shall be highly obliged.


Hi @goel.naveen

For 189 PR visa under MLTSSL, you can either appear for IELTS General or PTE Academic.

Thanks @Anil.Gupta for your prompt and valuable suggestion on the above query.

One more query, if we get the PR after fulfilling all the steps required for 242111-University Lecturer occupation, does my wife needs to appear for the IELTS Academic test for finding a University Lecturer job in Australia?

Hi @goel.naveen

I am not aware of job search requirement for University in Australia.

Thanks @Anil.Gupta for your prompt reply. No problem, I will search more on my requirement of University Lecturer job in Australia.