Passport application being sent back

What did you select??? Even I am in the same position … got an rejection …
Could you please tell me what did you select for that question

I chose Yes with following reason: APPLICATION RECEIVED IS FOR REISSUE OF PASSPORT- APPLY FOR DAMAGED
Which is what I got as answer from VFS for first rejection

Hiii . Will fill in up the passport application form again . I came across a question
Have you ever refused or denied passport before ???
What Should I select yes or no …
as my passport got rejected for binding issue I have to apply again . Does getting rejected for binding issue means refused or denied… Can please help me . I don’t want to get rejected again.

I called VFS regarding the same question and they said to put ‘No’ as this question is in gov form and application was rejected by VFS.

Do they mention the reason for rejection again???

That’s not rejection or denial. They just asked you to re-apply in a different category. Rejection or Refusal is from Govt. agencies an authorities and not VFS - which is just a 3rd party processing agency.

2 Likes

Who rejects the application? VFS or Consulate? If VFS forwards application to Embassy, does it mean that all docs are properly filed? I had a tear on the passport binding. VFS processed my docs and sent it to embassy today. Does this mean I am all good for now?

@Sutapa_Mukherjee Did VFS rejected your passport or indian consulate? I mean did VFS forwarded your docs to embassy and embassy rejected the passport or VFS rejected it as damaged?

I think vfs rejected it . They mailed me that it cannot be processes due to damage need to re apply

HI team,
i applied for Huston VFS. i got the same message saying it got rejected ,

1. Ineligible/Rejection Reason : Application received is for Reissue of Passport- apply for Lost/damaged passport – Passport binding damaged

my question is how to fill the Annexure F .

What kind of answer to be given while filling Annexure F .

if anyone applied in that category , pls help …

can you pls let me know waht did u fill in Annexure F …

1. State how and when the passport was lost/ damaged and when FIR was lodged at
    which Police Station and how many passports were lost/ damaged earlier?
  2. State whether you travelled on the lost/ damaged passport, if so state flight number
    and date and port of entry into India?
  3. State whether you availed of any TR concessions/FTs allowance and if so details
    thereof?
  4. State whether non-resident Indian and if resident abroad, the details of the residence
    as follows:
    S. No. Name of the Country Length of residence
    From…… to………
    Page Nos. of passport
    bearing departure and
    arrival stamps
  5. State whether the Passport had any objection by the PIA and if so the details thereof.
  6. State whether you were deported at any time at the expenses of the Government and
    if so was the expenditure incurred reimbursed to Government of India.
    I further affirm that I will take utmost care of my passport if issued and the Government
    will be at liberty to take any legal action under the Passports Act, 19

hi can you help me what details you filled in Annexure F

I got similar repsonse from VFS that apply under Damaged Passport Category. it is 9 year old passport and it is obvious that litte bid bindings will be off and except that it is like new.
This is completly ridiculous to apply under damaged passport category .
Not sure if we should file complaint about it.

@Harsha5 @apt2174 - How did you fill annexure F? Name of the Country Length of residence
From…… to………?

Is it 12/17/2019 to present or 12/17/2019 to 12/18/2023 or how do we need to fill this blank? what is the date format for this? Please help.

@RahulJani - how long did it take for you to get the passport?

How much time will take for whole process?