"Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."

Hello,
My passport status is stuck on “Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.” - it was delivered to the embassy on 12/14/2023

I received a text message on 1/23/24 stating “Your passport verification is done and a report is submitted to RPO MUMBAI, MAHPOL.”

Since then, I have called VFS who tell me to call CGISF - when I call them the automated message just tells me to contact VFS for any passport related queries and they hang up. I have been emailing them for over a month and I haven’t received a response.

Can someone please help me with a phone number, process, or just any piece of information that might help me to get my passport returned to me?

Thank you!

If it’s under process at CGISF then VFS will not be able to help. Look for their (CGISF) twitter handle and DM/Tweet them. That will help. Also, if you are in the area, see if you can visit them - if everything else fails.

Here’s a list of contacts - including email ids:
https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/consulate-officials/

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Yes, I’ve tweeted them. I unfortunately cannot DM them as it says “CGISFO can’t be messaged”. I have also emailed every single official and none of them have replied to me.

I think my only option is to go down there. Unfortunately it becomes difficult when I live 2-hours away, and work Mon-Fri.

But thanks for all your help, and if you have any other suggestions - they are greatly appreciated.