Passport renewal - police verification query

Hi All My passport application is currently in police verification stage and today I got to know from my father that my local police station is asking for my signature along with passport size photo, passport copies.so could you please let me know is this a correct procedure or do we need to send any other document to police station with a signature Last year my spouse had applied passport renewal for him from US and local police station did not ask any thing like this so kindly clarify my question and let me know if I need follow any procedures thank you

The application clearly says where you are applying from (i.e. from abroad). Hence, signature can be done by person appearing on your behalf as you cannot be present. Hope your father explained this situation.

Documents asked by Police vary but in general, they may ask for copies of passport, aadhaar (or any Govt. issued ID) for verification of address and couple of photos. You can try and get in touch with concerned officer - for any verification and send docs through WhatsApp, if they want those directly from you.

If you still face issues, reach out to Consulate/Embassy where you applied for your passport renewal, with details.

1 Like

Thanks so much Pankaj Diwedy! sure i will ask my father to explain the situation,. Appreciate your response,