Passport Timeline at SF consulate

No update still, it’s still in review status. I have asked vfs for update and they mentioned to check back in 24-48 hours, not sure whether it’s a standard response.

Is it SFO Consulate?

Yes, its in SFO consulate. My case is pending since 2/11 with no further updates

@Kedar_Moghe I finally see that status has changed to Print initiated today, didnt get an email for police verficiation

My passport status today shows “passport Printed and will be Delivered shortly” but I also got an email that police verification is initiated, very confusing. Does this mean the police verification would still be needed and I will get my passport in the meantime or I need to wait??

1 Like

@Nihar_Kulkarni congrats Nihar !!

@Nihar_Kulkarni Hi Nihar,
could you please email me your whatsapp no, if possible, my status is changed to “under review” after 4 weeks, until then it was “fees have been received… etc.” so just worried.
My email is : kkmoghe@gmail.com

I applied for passport reissue in normal processing at sfo consulate.

My passport reached embassy on 30th March and status changed to “under review” on March 31st.
I need to travel on April 22nd and based on response here on forum I am not very positive if I will get my passport on time.

I reached out to vfs to ask if they could change my application from normal to tatkal with additional cost and they asked me to talk to embassy as the application was already submitted to embassy and at this point they cannot help with it.

I did email to embassy (oci2.sf@mea.gov.in, passport.sf@mea.gov.in) but did not receive any response. Unsure what is the next step i should take.

did you receive a police verificaiton email?

Yes, I did receive the police verification email. Suprisingly the rmsil was sent after the polcie already contacted the relatives in India.

Thanks. I applied in tatkal. It moved very fast till now but now stuck in “passport has been printed” for a day or so. Not sure. I didn’t receive any police verification email either.

Hi Naveen,

Did you apply in tatkal? I saw in the morning today (8th april 2022 ) - 9:30 am - where it said. “Passport has been printed” but it didn’t move to next status after that today. Do they hold it up for police verification but I haven’t received any email regarding that.

Did you receive any police verification email ? No one is at my house and the number I gave won’t work as my mom is here. I have to ask someone else to visit if i get email.

My application seems to be stuck in “Print has been initiated for passport.” for last 2 weeks.
Since 1st April it has been in the same status. I read a couple of forums and in most cases i see that the status moves to printed state in 10 days.

(Normal application @sfo)

My application seems stuck in ‘Print has been initiated for passport.’ for last 18 days. I am getting hopeless and need to travel to India and do not know who to reach out to in this situation. It is impossible to contact embassy, I never get any response over email from them.

Did not receive any police verification email.

Is anyone else as well in this situation?

Reach out to them on Twitter: @vfsglobalcare and @CGISFO

Reached them on twitter, @CGISFO did not respond on twitter but my passport status changed to ‘Passport has been printed’

I do not know if it was the twitter post that helped or it was just the normal ongoing process where my passport application got processed.

Your application has reached at the Embassy/Consulate and is currently under review process
Hello, all.
I applied for renewal on April 14. I got my earlier passport at SFO>
I have an urgent trip to India coming in two weeks.

Is there any way to request the consulate to expedite the process? Has anyone done this? Request to convert normal application to tatkal or any other methods?

Help much appreciated. I booked the tickets and I was hoping to get the passport in three weeks or as I had applied it for the passport through SFO last time! (My fault, not smart move)
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You can reach out to them to expedite it but it may or may not happen. Unfortunately, all you can do now is just wait. Hope you are tracking the application at the Govt. site where you filled in the application.

Hi all, is File number at India gov website same as ARN number used for tracking at VFS consulate website ? I am not able to see a successful entry at India gov website. Hence, wondering if File no is something different that is used for tracking