Passport under review after receiving

After receiving my passport, I got an email about police verification. My relative went with all the requested document to police station this monday. The police said the verification is done. Today I checked my status in the passport seva site and I see “Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.”
I do not understand what is going on. When I used to check the passport seva site before receiving the passport, I saw the following status:

• Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
  • Passport print initiated
  • Passport print complete
  • Passport handed to VFS for further dispatch

and now its back to under review. Has anyone experienced the same? Is there anything I need to or can do? Is this a problem? Can I travel now with my new passport?

Thanks.

Wait for a few days to see if this is due to PV. Sometimes, it takes time for PV to be reported/reflected in all relevant systems.

If you still see same status, you can reach out to your embassy/consulate for clarification. Though, I do not think it is a matter of concern - as long as PV is done successfully and you have your passport in your hand.

Thank you for your reply. The status in the govt site still shows under review.
Any idea on what the status might change to once the embassy/consulate receives the ok regarding the police verification?

Regarding your last sentence, I do have the new passport in hand, but how do I know if the PV has been done successfully? Only thing I know is that the police were satisfied with all the documents that my relative showed/gave them on last monday and they said its going to be done from their end in the next 2 days (i.e. last wednesday).

1 Like

Give it until mid of next week and then reach out to embassy/consulate. Check on your status of PV with them.

Hi, I am in France, renewed my passport from here and currently getting the same status after receiving the passport in hand.
Could you please let me know what was the next status you got or the answer you received from consulate.

1 Like

Did it get resolved for you? I am also getting the same message.

Any update on your status?

I mailed to consulate and they told from their end the status is Passport printed and dispatched. They told it may be some system issue. However after my passport receival, my police verification has been done.
Are you renewing you passport from Paris??

Hi dsamz,

Any updates on your case. I am facing the same issue. Renewed passport received a month ago but still online status shows as under review at consulate/embassy.

Appreciate your response, thanks.

Hi,

Any update on your case?

Hello , I am in the same situation. I applied for passport renewal last month in tatkal and already received the passport. police verification at my indian home address happened after I received my passport. There were no issues during police verification. But the case status at passportindia.gov.in(http://passportindia.gov.in/) still shows as “Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate” since a month.

I have India travel trip coming up in 2 weeks. Am I ok to travel or will there be in any issues ? I tried contacting VFS and also emailing consulate multiple times , But no response from them.

Thanks,

I have applied for my son [Minor] and i saw the following status.

• Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
  • Passport print initiated
    *Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.

What could be the reason for the status changed back to initial state?
Thanks

Did the status change ? or was it a technical issue on the site. I am on the same boat

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. I received the passport and then the status is showing up now as under review with embassy. Is this Ok? Just wanted to hear from others were you able to travel to India with this status message still in passport portal.

Update on my case. Status remained still under review for me even after getting the passport and police verification in India ( It is still under review even now ) . But I was able to travel to India and come back without any issues.

Thank you so much for letting us know. It really gives me some peace of mind

Thank you mahi. This really helps

Just to confirm - did anyone face any issues travelling with the renewed passport? Mine also says under review after receiving the passport, and I have my H1 stamping appointment in a month. Want to make sure my renewed passport will be valid.

Hi, I am also in the same situation. Did you get any updates yet?

Hi, thanks for the update. Were you able to get your US visa on that passport?