Perm - have not yet received the approval but I see that candidates for whom it was filed after me have received approvals

Hi,
My Perm was filed on March 01, 2021. I have not yet received the approval but I see that candidates for whom it was filed after me have received approvals.
Is this normal or signs of receiving an audit?
Please share your experience on this.

1 Like

It is normal and not all applications are approved at the same time.

Thank you for response.

3 Likes

what is your maxout date, I think that also matters

1 Like

I see some April cases are getting approved these days, also noticed in another post that attorneys follow-up with DOL and get the approval, so check with your attorney for any such options, your employer or attorney can check and tell you the current status.

In the least case your attorney can file a 1 year extension in Feb based on the 365 days Perm pending policy.

Can you please point me to the post wherein attorney can follow-up with DOL?

1 Like

My PERM was filed on 01/22/2021 and yet to get the approval. My perm is under Audit Review. You can check with your lawyer if it is under Audit Review or Analyst Review.

1. My own questions are, can they change an Analyst review to Audit Review anytime?
  2. When I asked my immigration guy to follow up by sending the email as it is pending more than 3 months of the current month’s processing, which is April’ 21, he said, everyone who follows up that way will get their processing changed to Audit review. Is it true or he is just lazy to follow up and scaring me away from doing his work?

@A666 How the max-out date is matter? I don’t see any field in PERM form mentioned about max-out date, then how DOL get to know about it?

Its my guess as seen few pending cases where people get approval just few days before their max-out. However I don’t think its hard for DOL to get to know your legal status, I believe attorney may include other supporting docs as well.

Thanks… I will check with attorney.