PR denied even after Engineer Australia positive assessment

11th Jan I recieved invite, 17th Jan I lodged the application, 17th April CO contacted asking for additional info, 24th April I gave all required info. 8th Aug i recieved rejection

So you mean that DHA case officer accepted only 2 years out of your entire work experienceā€¦?

Yes, whereas I have all my years work experience validated by Engineers Australia. Do you know anything that I can do?

Have you applied through a MARA agent?? If not consult a reputed MARA agent and discuss about thisā€¦ they are well versed with the Immigration complexities. So should be able to guide you on this.

Was your job responsibilities for the last two jobs entirely differed from the first one??.. I see there is a difference in the designation but this difference shouldnā€™t matter if the job responsibilities are in line with your first job.

Yes Hsgc, I did apply through a MARA agent. I am in UAE and its Eid Holidays now, so even they are not able to contact the immigration lawyer. From my rejection letter, it says I dont have rights to appeal. Its really disheartening you know? I thought I had all the boxes ticked. I am not even sure if I apply again, will this rejection be a problem. No one is able to answer me also.

Ok, my second job was planning the timetables for an automatic railway, that uses the signalling systems. I used the standard JD of my office - which doesnt explain the relationships between the three jobs that I held. Any which way, I was able to explain all these through the CDR, and thats why engineers australia gave me a thumbs up straight away without asking any questions.

What is CDRā€¦?? Your 2nd job description shows that itā€™s a natural progression of your first job in terms of responsibilitiesā€¦? I guess may be a disconnect in the job responsibilities between your first and subsequent jobs would have created this problem.

CDR is competency demonstration report that you need to submit to engineers Australia.

You have been invited based on the points you have claimed in skillselect. Since case officer rejected some of your experience, your points reduced and you got the rejection.

The best way is you can reapply with a cover letter clearly stating that how all the experience is related to one another to your applied skill.

When ever case officer asked for additional document please always contact them for clarification to understand exactly what they want.

In my case during EA process case officer asked me to submit two new CDR, when I asked for clarification he mentioned that the employment does not meet the skill which I am applying for.

1 Like

Thank you, this makes sense. I guess I will do this.

How did you resolve this issue for the mismatch of employment and experience? What documents did you submit the second time?

In my case I called case officer and he mentioned that the experience is not relavent for certain period of my employment and asked me to submit new CDR. So I made sure in new CDR how my experience is relevant to my occupation for EA process. With in a week I got positive assessment.

For your case since itā€™s been approved by EA, write a cover letter clearly stating how it is relavent and show your organization chart like rail signaling -> operation planner -> performance manager. In each position how it is relavent to electronics engineer and submit roles and responsibilities certificate. Even you can mention CDR is approved based on this creteria. This is just an idea. Make sure to correlate everything.

1 Like

@AKrishna How did it go? did you reapply?