MUST HAVE 8+ years of experience in front-end development using “REACT”.
Principal FE React Developer – Austin, TX
Athenahealth is seeking an outstanding Principal Member of Technical Staff to implement front-end workflows in our Patient Experience web applications.
As a Principal MTS focused on core web application development, you will need strong technical competence in multiple areas as well as the capacity to function well in an environment where you may not be the expert. The ideal candidate will combine the essentials of raw talent and a burning desire to succeed with a demonstrated history of working through complex business issues. You will work directly with our Product and User Experience team to help inform and prioritize business value, as well as working with Architects to ensure scalability, reusability, and quality. You will lead and collaborate closely with a cross functional team of software developers to implement web application visualizations and workflows.
An ideal candidate will be well versed in on modern front-end frameworks, experience designing and building front-end applications in React, and experience/interest in back end development.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 8+ years of experience in front-end web application development (React, Angular, jQuery)
- 2+ years of experience in full stack web application development (backend: C#, .NET Core, Azure OR Java, Spring, AWS) desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- 4+ years of experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Technical Execution [Primary Responsibility]:
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices; hold other members of the team accountable for doing so
- Participates in team member interview process as needed; influences final hiring decisions
- Understand, follow, and reinforce Scrum methodologies, coding conventions, architectures, build processes, and best practices
- Accurately estimate the size of development tasks in story points
- Provide high level T-shirt sizing for the work required to build smaller software components and services
- Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes, documentation and adhere to best coding practices
- Produce accurate, clear technical design specifications to the appropriate level of detail
- Perform peer code reviews in order to ensure quality standards
- Deliver customer value in the form of high quality software components and services in adherence with policies on security, performance, longevity and integration testing
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Deploy systems to meet availability targets (HA/DR)
- Exceptional skill in build/test failure analysis and troubleshooting
Contributions to the Team:
- Act as the subject matter expert for area of assignment
- Participate on scrum teams following practices outlined by team
- Contribute to agile ceremonies to improve team performance
- Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
- Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across the team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Drive self-organization; help determine how the team functions in collaboration with your peers
- Mentor, advise, and train team members to maximize overall productivity and effectiveness