Process to resubmit dropbox documents for H1B visa- photo Denial

Hello,

I qualified for dropbox interview waiver and hence my relative dropped off my documents at Bengaluru consulate.

I believe these documents will be transferred to the Chennai consulate. At the time my relative dropped it off, the person at the desk mentioned that my photos might get rejected because there were shadows behind my ears and chin though he wasn’t sure.

He gave us an option to either come back by 4 pm or trying submitting with the same photos.

Since I am not in Bengaluru, we decided to submit.

Now if the photos are rejected or ask for any new documents, what are the implications.

Will they send back the entire package and I will have to go for a new appointment or will they just ask the new photos or documents to be uploaded, mailed or emailed?

They might issue form 221g to submit photos.

My visa got refused when I go to the site CEAC and enter my application details, I got the message :

“A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Chennai.”

If it is because of the photos, how do I remedy it and how much time will it take?

@Salil_Surendran Any updates on your status? Did you get the visa approved? Did you get 221g, if yes, how long from the date of submission did it take you to receive 221g in hand? I am in the same boat and would appreciate any insights.

Yes I got my visa and am right now in USA. I got a 221g along with my passport. It asked me to resubmit my photos. I took brand new photos and sent it. It got rejected again. However, I had a digital copy of my photo so I got it corrected right away from a nearby studio and it was finally accepted and visa issued.

Thank you, Salil. Hopefully, my 221g is also something minor

How much time it took for reprocessing?

About 2 weeks to get the passport back.

Did you submitted the passport with new photos?

Yes. My advice is that take a digital photo and then when you submit it go to the studio near the embassy. Only they know exactly what they need in the photo. I took it again and was rejected once again as explained above.

Thanks Sail. I have submitted incorrect size photos but application not yet processed. So thinking which 221g slip I will receive

Hi

After receiving form 221g, how did you submit the passport size photographs? Did you physically went to embassy or you mailed the photographs?

Please reply as this is very urgent.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Did you receive form 221g on submission of incrorret passport size photographs? Or you visa stamping was done directly?

Hi

Can you please reply? This is urgent

The second time, I took a digital photo and then sent my friend with physical copies of that photo to the embassy. They rejected those photos again but there are shops near the embassy that alters the digital copy of the photo to the embassy’s preferences. They did 4 different alterations and 2 of them got accepted. I don’t believe you can mail the photos. You or your representative has to go. I received a form 221g but not because of incorrect photo size but because of shadows etc. They have some criteria that is hard to match.

1 Like

Hi Salil,

When you received 221g for photograph, did they specifically mention that it was about the photograph?
I recently gave my visa interview (1st h1b stamping) & VO said that my visa was approved. After a week, I received my passport without stamping ( with 221g) with below points checked in 221g

1. After we have resumed regular operations you must appear for an
    interview with a consular officer (no appointment needed)
  2. You must bring a photograph - 50 mm X 50 mm
  3. Your application is refused for administrative processing. The
    application may be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Do you think my case could be related to photograph?

1 Like

In my 221g they specifically mentioned it was about photograph. It seems they have asked you to come for an interview. In my case no such thing was mentioned I was able to send my friend with a new photograph.

Hi Salil, I’m in the same boat. Did you need an appointment or was this a walk-in? Did you have to submit all documents or just the photo? I got the documents also back in the mail.

I think the 221g form will specifically mention what needs to be done. I think I resubmitted all my documents though not sure. I sent it to a friend of mine. Get a digital photo and send physical copies of that photo. If the officer there rejects it then get it altered by a shop nearby. My resubmission was rejected on the spot by the officer and my friend went to a shop nearby with the digital copy and that shop did 4 variations of that photo and two of them were accepted.

Hi Salil, I am in same scenario too. Did you receive the 221g by email or you picked it up along with the passport.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Teja T