Received NOID after H1B is approved and stamped. What will be the consequences of this?

Hi,
I got my H1B visa stamped few months back and I will be travelling to US next month. My employer called me to inform that I should cancel my plans as my application received a NOID (Notice Of Intent for Denial) as multiple registrations were applied on my name. I was not aware of this and I am afraid it would leave a permanent remark on my records.

My employer is working with an attorney to provide supporting documentation on this to USICS but there are higher chances of it getting denied.

Please let me know what should I do? Thank you.

If the same employer filed multiple registrations on your behalf, it doesn’t impact the applicant as such. The employer though may face criminal charges.

You dont have any action items on your end. Your employer may appeal against the NOID and try to prove that the registrations were legitimate .

But my visa could get rejected right? if yes then I should mention about this in my future applications too and it would impact negatively on my record?

If you apply for visa stamp with US embassy and it gets rejected, then, yes, it will stay with you forever.

1 Like

I am in the same situation right now. Is there any updated after that day?

In my case, I appeared for an interview held on March 10th, 2023, at the US consulate in Hyderabad, India.
The visa Officer provided me with a 221G form, stating that there is a HIT by USCIS on my H1B and asked me to work with USCIS to get the remark removed and she also mentioned that USICIS revoked my H1B. When I looked up my most recent H1B with my current employer in the USCIS portal it still appears to be approved.

Background:

I started working with company A (Non profit) from march 2019 on OPT. They filed my non-profit H1B in Dec 2021 and which was approved in Jan 2022.

Another company B also filed my H1B via lottery for fiscal year 2022 and it was approved on april 2022 but I did not move forward with them and was never on their payroll.

In April 2022, 3 employers entered my application in the H1B lottery system (for the fiscal year 2023) out of which only 1 got picked and approved. I resigned A (Non-profit) on Oct 15th 2022 and joined current employer H1B on OCT 17th 2022.

I later found out that the B H1B was never withdrawn and still active. So I requested B’s attorney to withdraw the request. USICS did receive the “request to withdraw” on April 4th 2023.

My Employer saying that since I registerd H1B with multiple employers USCIS did put that HIT on my H1B. Not sure whats going on.