Renew Indian Passport Questions 2021-2023

Hi @Diwedy

I have a few more questions while printing the application and required documents.

• Do I need to send all the pages of PG&E electricity bill or only the first page? If All pages, then does it require a notary signature on all pages? How about Rental Lease? How many pages to send and how many to notarize?

• For Passport’s first 5 and last 2 pages, I need to print each page on a separate paper right? so a total of 10 pages. And The Photo page and the last address page should be in portrait as it is or should it be landscape so that the details are readable without turning paper?

• Do we need to print the Passport Application form within 4 pages? Currently, it gets printed on 5.

Thanks!

1. First page of PG&E (with address and other details) is enough.

Lease: At least 2 pages - one, which has your rental details (along with address, of course) and 2nd, where both parties have signed.

One document, one notarization; irrespective of number of pages in that document.

1. You can print 2 consecutive pages of passport on one page (e.g Page 2-3; 4-5; etc.). Prints generally should be in portraits incl. Application form.

2. No, 5 is okie. Should be printed in portrait.

Hi @Diwedy,
Is Birth Certificate needed for Passport Renewal when there is no change in DOB or parents info? I need to renew my passport urgently and I saw that birth certificate or school leaving certificate is mentioned as one of the documents in the checklist. But I don’t have either of them and I don’t need to update any information such as DOB or parents’ details etc. in my passport. Would greatly appreciate your time and guidance. Thanks.

If you are not changing your DOB or any other associated fields, then neither of the certificates you mentioned are required.

Hey,

I send in all the documents for Passport renewal, but forgot to sign the VFS checklist, apart from that everything is completed.
Will this going to be a problem, do I need to re-send the whole application?

1 Like

You can only wait now for VFS to reach out to you.

Hello @rb77, were you able to notarize the US Valid status (EAD Card, Visa copy or I-797). I am facing an issue in getting this one document notarized. Any help is highly appreciated.

Hello People,
Thank you for posting questions and answering them. I have a question regarding notarizing document. I got all the required documents notarized at UPS except my EAD card (for COPY OF THE VALID STATUS IN THE USA). Is there any other place where they notarize EAD/I-20/I-797 approval document? UPS person told that Texas state doesn’t allow them to notarize documents that are in public records. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you

@Jay_hello
Were you able to notarize the US Valid status (EAD Card, Visa copy or I-797). I am facing an issue in getting this one document notarized. UPS doesn’t notarize this document.

@Sudharshan_Raman I was able to get notarization done by a licensed individual. If you are in NJ there are multiple such locations.
In past I was able to get letter from bank stating that they don’t notarize such things and it was accepted.
Would also suggest talking to VFS office if you don’t find any individual to do notary as their guidelines changes very frequently

@Sudharshan_Raman
In the state where I live notaries available at UPS store were able to notarize it.
I don’t know what is the specific law in Texas that is stopping them from notarizing certain documents but if that is indeed the case you can talk to vfs and ask them what to do in such scenario.

I’m about to start my passport renewal process (Exp Nov 2022) and had a few questions before I start my journey.

1. What gets classified under “Change of Appearance” ? Most answers I’ve seen are vague and it’s unclear if my 10 year old passport would fall under this category since I look a little different compared to then of course. A friend of mine mentioned he was able to renew under Tatkaal and the ‘Change of Appearance’ was only for drastic changes like surgery or something.

2. The only original document required is the old passport right? My I797-A and any other supporting documents would only need to be color copied and notarized.

3. Explicit approval for Tatkaal is not required right?

4. If I plan to use my Indian address, can I use a USA telephone number in the application or am I required to use an Indian number?

1. For renewal after 10 years it will get counted as ‘change in appearance’.
  2. Yes. Go thru the checklist on VFS site which clearly lists all the required documents (incl. colour requirement).
  3. Approval not required.
  4. Indian number needed on which Police can contact for verification.
1 Like

@Diwedy
In this case (passport renewal 10th year), does “Appearance” need to be checked in the application?

Yes, you can check mark that.

I am renewing my Indian passport in USA.

I have paid passport renewal fees but did not send my package yet. I want to upgrade from normal processing to tatkal?

Is there a way where i can pay that extra fee for the conversion or do i need to fill a new application again by requesting the refund for already paid fees?

Thanks

1 Like

Were you able to get an update? I have sent the application and is delivered in washington center a week before but no updates in their tracking system.

I have sent the application and is delivered in washington center a week back but no updates in their tracking system. How long does it take for the application to be in their system?

Did you got any updates? My application reached last Thursday and no updates yet.