Self Sworn Affidavit - India address question

Hi,

This is regarding the Self-Sworn affidavit for address have/have not been residing outside India for more than 5 years question -

1. In our case, it is “have not been residing outside India for more than 5 years”. Will this still have police verification?

2. Since we are not residing in India, I have given Indian relative address in the application. Do I need to mention this address in the Self-sworn affidavit, or the address mentioned in the old passport?

3. Do I need to notarize the self-sworn affidavit?

Thanks
R.S

Police verification occurs in all cases
U need to write address in application form on self sworn affidavit. This will be verified and your relatives will confirm

1 Like

Thanks. Will they ask for any India address proof during verification? Do you know what they will ask the relatives?

Since we are not residing in India, I don’t have any India address proof to show the relatives address as mine.

Did you notarize the self-sworn affidavit? It is not mentioned in the VFS checklist.

1 Like

I believe they do ask for some kind of proof , not sure what ? Also from various posts, they sometimes just call, sometimes come - no set protocol. Mine is yet to be done.

Self sworn affidavit does not mention notarized. I did just in case. Read various posts - many did not. It’s your call

2 Likes