Spouse Change of Status to H4-EAD but my H1B extension is in process

I have a situation where I have applied for my H1b extension on March 30 2024 and the application is still in progress( non- premium processing) and it expires Sep 2024.
My spouse quit her job on April 14th and she is in H1B.
Now, we are trying to apply for change of status before the expiry of 60 day grace period.
What are my options:

  1. Can I apply for H4 and EAD with the current H1B and once the extension got approved, can I amend the application with the new H1b ?
  2. Can I apply to H4/EAD using the new H1B with the receipt information ?
  3. Or any other better option ?

You can convert to H4 now.
You can also change back to H1B later.

H1 to H4 to H1B change of status cannot work from receipt date. H1B COS should be approved to move from H4 to H1B. H1B to H1B transfer can work on receipt.

Thank you @anil_am22.

We dont want to get back to H1b. I am wondering which H1b information should I provide for my spouse’s H4 application. Etiher the one that is gonna expire on Sep 30th or the New H1B extension information(Status got approved today, but might not get the copy of i797-A within our timeline).