Time required passport renewal in San Francisco office under tatkal

How did you resent the documents ? Did you create a new fedex label and did you include only requested documents or some additional ones too(Not sure how they will identify it is your application)?

Hi Yogesh, I resent the document at the same address but not the same courier label. I sent only the required document along with the printout of the mail i received from them.

Suggestion - If you live nearby to this address then try FedEx-ground. I did this mistake. They quoted me 45 $ for next day delivery and 30+ day after tomorrow and I ended up paying 19 $ for 3rd day. Luckily the packet was delivered the next day. I came back and started looking the Fedex delivery option. I found out that had i asked them to do fedex ground it would be same day or next day with just 9 dollars.

@yogesh_pandey

I also did same, i have sent them just the requested docs along with email recvd from them [it will have appcn ref# etc]

Has your status changed?

@chrome_xyz My status still the same " Your application has been forwarded to the Embassy" but it has been less than 24 hrs.

Mine is changed to “Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly” on Counsular website

Track Status: Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates

Good to know :+1: :+1:

When track my application status at consulate web site [using Govt Refererence number] it shows the following

. But when i check the VFS website with the VFS reference number [starts with USA***], i get invalid input error.

@pushkar

You have to check the status using govt reference number on both the sites.

“Passport application form has been submitted” - It just means that you have completed your part on the consulate site.

Once the mail reaches and opened by the VFS, the first status I think it will display is
" You application is under process at the VFS Centre

1 Like

Status at VFS site: Your application has been received at VFS Centre from Embassy

1 Like

@roheet Great :+1: , how much it took from status to " Your application has been forwarded to the Embassy to the current status.

Asking because the status of my application is still under “…forwarded to the embassy”.

1 Like

for me it took 2 business days.

Check cousular website as well. after it changes to “Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly mostly next day it will be sent to VFS & then it will channge to " Your application has been received at VFS Centre from Embassy at VFS site.

1 Like

Latest email/Update from VFS:

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

We have ‘Received’ your Application. Your document is dispatched via courier.
Your Tracking ID is 20-xxxxxxxxx
To ‘Track and Trace’ please visit: http://www.Fedex.com and use the courier tracking ID to get the updated status of your application.

Please note this is an auto - generated email. Kindly do not reply to this email.

Regards,
VFS Global

**. No updates on FedEx Tracking though

@roheet Nice.

My application still in the same state on both the site. Hopefully it will change today.

I submitted the application on 16th Nov and saw it was delivered on 17th Nov in fedex tracking. But I didn’t receive any notification from VFS and also there is no tracking update on the Government site or on the VFS site.

@varun2 My application to SFO passport office reached on Nov 17th [Fedex]. I got the notification on Nov 19th saying that VFS has started processing my application.

@chennupushkar
thank you for the update.

I sent an email to VFS and waiting for the reply.

1 Like

Fedex picked the package:

Scheduled delivery:

Monday 11/23/2020 by 8:00 pm

1 Like

@sholay

FInally received passport now

All the best!

@roheet great, thank you.