Total no. of photos for NRI passport renewal, hand-filled forms, and change of appearance

Hi

Probably this has been answered before but I could not find it in this forum. I have two questions regarding the online passport application process for NRI.

1. After I submit the online passport application form, I generate a print out which has a space for one photo. There is also a change of appearance form requiring a photo. Now do I have to paste a photo in these 2 places and in addition, send 2 more photos in the package (thereby totaling to 4 photos or will it be just the 2 photos I paste in the forms). Note: I don’t have issues with sending more photos in the package, but I don’t want to send lesser number than required.

2. The Annexure E and Change of Appearance have fields that are fillable in a PDF editor but they don’t have enough space. My full name and address are longer so some characters are hidden. A better way would be to download the form, fill out the required personal details by hand, and include in the package. Is this acceptable? If not, can I know the alternatives?

3. The Change of Appearance form - I am renewing my passport after 10 years. I will be submitting an ‘appearance has not changed’ form. Assuming the passport issuing authority decide the appearance indeed changed, will they simply ask for a new form with ‘appearance has changed’ or will they ask to submit an entirely new application (essentially forcing me to start the entire process all over).

Please, any help is greatly appreciated!

1. Affix 2 photos at required places. Extra photos not required, unless asked for.
  2. Yes you can fill or feel free to use the app Annexure E
  3. After 10 years it is expected that appearance would have changed. Selecting it will not impact anything.
1 Like

Thank you very much @Diwedy