Tourist Visa to the US approved, but got email to give last 15 year history

Dear All ,
I ve applied for a tourist visa at the US embassy in Warsaw on the 25/11/2019 ( Poland).

After 3 minutes interview , the officer approved my application , and I was given a document stating that my application has been approved.

The officer kept my passport. however , after 2 days (27/11/2019), I got an email from the officer asking me for additional information : mainly about my previous address , phone numbers , emails , travels during the last 15 years.

1 days later, I got my passport back.
Notice that I sent the information needed the same day after getting the email.
case created: 22/11/2019
case updated: 26/11/2019
my visa application is under administrative processing.
if someone can help me to figure out how long I have to wait for a final decision.

Hi @kfdlddfd23

It looks like you have been asked to fill form 5535 security check.

This has no fixed processing time and can take anywhere between 1 week to 8+ months based on how many countries you have visited in past.

Thank you Anil for your answer . by the way, the officer has approved my visa during the interview ( I understand that now at this stage , such approval does not mean anything? )

You have not confirmed if it is form 5535? Can you confirm?

I can answer once you confirm.

Hello Anil,

this is the email I got from the American embassy in Poland , they did not attach any form.

We would like to inform you that your application for a visa requires additional administrative procedure. For further processing of your case we need the following information;

(1) Your travel history over the last 15 years, including source of funding for travel;

(2) The names and dates of birth of any siblings; children; current and former spouses/civil or domestic partners;

(3) Addresses during the last 15 years, if different from the current address;

(4) Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years;

(5) Prior passport numbers and country of issuance;

(6) Prior occupation(s) and employers (plus a brief description if applicable) looking back 15 years;

(7) Public-facing social media platforms and identifiers/handles used during the last five years. This includes any websites or applications you have used to create or share content (photos, videos, status updates, etc.) as part of a public profile.

Please send us email with required information in English as soon as possible.

We will contact you when this procedure is completed. If you do not hear from us within a month you can call us at 22 504 2558 to follow-up.

American Consulate in Warsaw

Yes, this information is what is asked using form 5535.

This form’s processing has no fixed time limit and it can take any amount of time.
This information is asked as your name may have been flagged by US embassy system for extreme security checks to find any national security threats.

thank you Anil , well it seems like it’s going to take ages before issuing the visa :wink:

Hello Again ,
Last question, do you think my chances are still high to get visa ?

I have not heard of any denials after DS5535 unless you have anything in your history to worry about.

thank you very much for your prompt answer, well I ve nothing to worry about :slight_smile: thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

Hello Anil,
I got an email from the US Embassy , they asked me to send my passport as the administrative processing has completed and they can issue visa. for how long I need to wait to get my passport stamped?
Regards

Congratulations.

It normally takes 2-3 days to get the stamped passport back. The time and processing speed varies with each embassy though.

thank you very much Anil. they got my passport today and my case has been updated to 06/12/2019, but still showing administrative processing

Hello Ani,
I hope you are doing fine. Today, I got my visa B1/B2 , but I notice that there is a little text stating : “clearance received” what does it means ?
Regards

Hello Anil,
I know I’m bothering you, I’m very sorry. I ve last question , there 1 little star under my visa pictures, what does it means ?

Hi @kfdlddfd23

US visa ‘clearance received’ text is normal and is printed on all visas which are approved after form 221g.

The only thing is that you will not be eligible for visa dropbox when you go for visa renewal.

1 Like

thank you very much for your response , how about the star under the visa picture? does it have any explanation? some people got no stars, others 1,2 or 3.
looking forward to hearing from you

I don’t know what stars mean.