Unable to schedule dropbox appointment as it shows only OFC appointment for interview

Hi, I am trying to schedule visa Dropbox appointment for my mother. She is eligible for drop box and I heard they are processing drop box applications in Chennai. I am planning to choose Kochi/Cochin drop box location. I filled DS-160 and visa fee payment has been made. However, when I try to schedule drop box appointment, I only get the option to choose OFC appointment interview location and has only Chennai listed and says “there are currently no appointments available”.

I am unable to see Dropbox locations or schedule appointment for Dropbox. I am not sure if I am missing something or if the website is messed up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Is she is independently eligible for dropbox, then the system will automatically show dropbox appointments.

@Charu_Ramachandran - I’m also facing the same issue when tried to schedule dropbox appointment. My mom is eligible for interview waiver program. Did you find any solution to this issue? If so, please share. Thanks !

1 Like

Hi Bindu,

You need to keep checking every now and then. Slots open up. I got 2 slots open Dec 16th and Dec 23rd suddenly as I was checking every hour. Only if something comes up, you will be able to see the calendar.

Thanks,
Charu

3 Likes

I am facing the exact same issue. I am in Delhi location. I was wondering if I am even looking at the correct place to schedule the appointment. So I need to keep checking to see if there are any open slots?
This is what I am seeing every time I check the website.

1 Like

You need to keep checking every now and then. Slots open up. I got 2 slots open Dec 16th and Dec 23rd suddenly as I was checking every hour. Only if something comes up, you will be able to see the calendar.

Thanks,
Charu

3 Likes

Hi Chrau, if possible can you tell us what time of the day did you manage to book the appointment. Thanks

I booked the 10 am slot.

Thanks,
Charu

1 Like

Hi Charu, Thanks for coming back.
I wanted to know which Date and Time did you login to the website to book the appointment. As they release very few slots and at particular time.
Thanks
Mustufa

Not sure about that. I kept checking during my morning which was around 9 30 or 10 pm in India. I checked for almost a week. I suddenly saw 1 date open the same week and 1 day for the week after and I picked the latter.

Thanks,
Charu

4 Likes

Hi Charu, while checking for slots multiple times did you ever come across this message?
I am getting this message after checking it few times today.

You are approaching the maximum number of times you may view this page. Please complete your transaction at this time.

Thanks!

Sorry, I did not come across this message.

1 Like

Ok Thanks! Looks like there is a limit on number of times one can try checking for slots per day, after which we run into this error. After the reset/new day, one can again try again.

2 Likes

Hi Charu,
My mother has the same issue, she is eligible for dropbox but the Pune center is not visible in the appointment calendar and Mumbai center only shows dates for Nov 2021. Her visa expires in March '21. Did you ever see any centers other than the major VAC cities?

1 Like

Did you manage to schedule a dropbox appointment?

1 Like

I am guessing the dropbox appointment should not look like this? Can anyone share how it should show up?

@Charu_Ramachandran thanks for sharing your experience here. I am also in a similar boat. I would like to know if you got an appointment to drop off at Kochi or only at Chennai ?

for kochi you can choose chennai…
and then drop off at kochi thats what the message says… but the problem is getting chennai appointments itself is difficult.

1 Like

understood, thanks for helping. really appreicate it

I am in the same boat. It shows the appoinment is available on July 1st but I cant register for one

1 Like