[URGENT] H4 EAD to F1 Processing

  • My wife has H4 EAD approved (She’s not working). Recently she has received an Admit and wants to convert to F1 by Consular processing (Visiting home country). Can we do that since she has H4 EAD?

  • Even though she has not worked in the US, along with the EAD she has also received a SSN, what happens to that when her F1 gets approved?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can. Once she get F1 stamp and travel to the US, her H4 EAD will be invalid for any employment.

SSN will stay as is, for lifetime.

1 Like