USCIS biometric appointment in CoronaVirus Questions & Answers

As @anil_am22 mentioned, they will probably hold your daughter’s visa approval. I have read experiences where it’s mentioned that consulates in India are approving dependent children’s Visa only when both parents have valid stamped visa. So, based on the dates you mentioned, it might be risky.

In fact, this is one of the mandatory document requirements even for Dropbox. You are looking at 50-50 chances, depending on consulate, VO’s discretion and your luck; as it’s CA and not Dropbox.

This is really helpful. Thanks to both of you. Truly appreciate your time and effort.
Is there a link at am22tech/blog to learn more about the latest drop box experiences for 2022 (time it takes for visa stamping, documents etc.).

It looks like US Embassy/Consulates in India are not open yet, So I’m planning for a drop box but I don’t want to get stuck for many months if it’s taking a lot of time for the consulate to process. Accordingly need to plan my travel to India. Thank you.

Regards,
Manjunath

Basically, what they do is that hold the child’s visa stamp until the H1B stamp is approved.

Once H1B is approved, they stamp both and give you the passports.

The sequence of interviews/dropbox can vary but the requirement that parent’s visa is approved first is mandatory.

Thanks Anil. Great inputs.

Hello Anil,
One more point- Does it require both parents to have the valid US visa stamped on their on the passport before taking the minor child (or attending biometric/consular on minor child behalf) for the interview. If the answer is No then I would assume that having the visa stamped on principal applicant’s (H1-B) passport would be enough before going for H4’s visa interview? Thanks.

Hello Anil,
One more point- Does it require both parents to have the valid US visa stamped on their on the passport before taking the minor child (or attending biometric/consular on minor child behalf) for the interview. If the answer is No then I would assume that having the visa stamped on principal applicant’s (H1-B) passport would be enough before going for H4’s visa interview? In this case both parents are in India and their visa’s are expired and both parents are in India with approved I-797 petition.