USCIS biometric appointment in CoronaVirus Questions & Answers

Has anyone receive biometric appointment notice yet? We applied for H4 extension at the end of March and still no notice for fingerprint appointment. I wonder if USCIS is sending out any appointments at all or it has come to a halt completely. Getting H4-EAD approved on time without that is out of question at this point.

Hi @keto12

People have started receiving biometric appointment notices if the ASC center at their location has reopened.

Check on the article page for more information.

1 Like

HI Anil,
Can someone directly visit the ASC office after 3 PM without any invitation letter?
He might have only copy of the receipt. Or invitation letter is a must.
Thanks.

You cannot walk-in during COVID-19 emergency.

These are not normal circumstances.

@Anil.Gupta I have a question, My husband and I recently filed for L1, L2, L2 EAD extension in May 2020, his L1 extension application is still pending. I want to know if we get biometrics appointment only after primary applicant(My husband’s L1 in this case) is approved? Or I can expect getting the biometric appointment even before that?

You can get biometric appointment irrespective of L1 application status.

Hi,

I applied for H4 extension in March (Receipt date: March 12). Even after the San Jose ASC has opened, I did not receive the rescheduled biometrics appointment. Is there anyone who received appointment notice? I don’t think USCIS is sending appointments in the order received because I read in other forum that those who applied in May are getting biometrics appointment. Please share if you know in what order they are sending the appointment letters.

Thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: H1B Lottery COS Approval Received and H4 in progress

Has anyone received biometric appointment? It’s been 6 months since I applied and no updates yet…

HI There

When can I expect a biometrics appointment schedule for dependent? My receipt date is 15th July. The USCIS website doesn’t mention the processing time of such applications/notices.
What is the usual lead time?

Hi,

I have applied for H4 cos from H1 in the month of June 2020. I received the receipt number but not the biometric appointment notice yet.

Could you please let me know how many days it might take to receive appointment letter.
My application went to Nebraska service center.

Thanks,
Sindhu.