USCIS EB 485 transfer to NBC

Came across following memo

If says following " As of February 17, 2022 , USCIS-HQ (SCOPS) directed the Nebraska Service Center (“NSC”) and Texas Service Center (“TSC”) to cease adjudication of all EB Form I-485 cases other than those based on 4th preference petitions (religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, etc.). USCIS is reallocating all other EB-based Form I-485 Officers and resources to Form I-140 adjudications and backlog elimination."

What are you thoughts on it? How reallocating all resources to handle 140 cases and stopping adjudication of 485 cases at NSC and TSC will help reduce backlog? Instead it will increase backlog?
Should they allocate more resources to clear 485s to make use of visa numbers to reduce backlog?

Nobody knows what will happen. It’s their internal juggling they are doing to show that they are making efforts to use all GCs.

This might be used as an excuse later for wasting the GCs again this year.

hi @anil_am22, my case was sitting at TEXAS, my PD Apr 2013. I got my ead and AP. My case initially went to NBC, as my140 was pending, they moved my 485 to Texas and ead and ap remain at NBC. Submitted on Dec 2021. 2 weeks back I called USCIS for EAD and AP expedite, I got EAD with AP now. is there a way I can request USCIS to transfer my 485 to NBC, as my 140 approved on Feb itself. Can I write any letter to USCIS to initiate the transfer?

I am not aware of any such process where you can request a transfer. They transfer based on their own criteria and will.

Does USCIS transfer 485 to nbc if your date is not current but very close from the fad date ?

@anil_am22 any thoughts on this ?

hi @anil_am22 resubmitting the Medical will give any push to the case? if So Should I sent the TSC, where my 485 is at present or NBC, where my case went originally?