USCIS Medical Interfile with Barcode for Pending i485 (Send without RFE)

For pending 485, while interfiling medicals with USCIS, which A# we should use for dependent spouse in her I693 form (either A# of primary applicant or A# mentioned in her 485 receipt?).

Every person should use their OWN A# number. Don’t mix or use primary A# for dependents.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response! I think this makes sense, however when we file medicals with initial 485 application then we have only one A# (from I140 of primary applicant) and we use that one only for both the 693 forms.

1 Like

Also, could someone please advise if it makes sense to interfile medicals with I140 premium processing?

1 Like

That’s wrong. You should not use the primary A# for dependent i693. Who advised you to do it?

1 Like

Dependent doesn’t have any A# when you file concurrent 485 application with I140.

Hi. I also have a 485 Supplement J receipt notice. Do I use the original 485 receipt notice or the one from 485J in the cover letter for medical interfiling? Thanks for the template.

2 Likes

Use I-485 receipt # for medical interfile, not I-485J.

Should I sent my I-693 to my field office as I confirmed that my case has been transferred to the field office.

1 Like

Should I still send it to NBC even if my case is at the field office?

I would just send it to the address in your I-485 receipt.

2 Likes

Did anybody interfile medicals and get the medicals accepted? i have friends who sent to the Lewisville TX address and waiting for one month and still not updated.

I heard that sending to PO is having some success. Has any body got success interfiling and the website or Emma confirming that interfile is accepted?

1 Like

I know a friend who interfiled medicals for pending AOS (downgrade case) and got approved recently.

2 Likes

Do you know which service center? Nebraska (LIN), Texas(SRC) or National Benefits (MSC)

Hi Anil,
My case was filled in Texas . I contacted EMMA and request to provide the exact location where I-485 is being processed . I got filed office location which is not same as location mentioned in I485 receipt notice.
This field office location is mentioned in my I765/I131 approval notice. Looks like I 485 processing location is same as I485.
Do you suggest to send Medical Interfile to location I got from EMMA or to the location mentioned in I 485 receipt ?

You can send it to your field office location.

Note that there is no guarantee and there is no official process by USCIS for this and hence, I am just sharing based on my understanding and what other people (I have known) have done.

It is a good idea to talk to your lawyer if you have doubts.

In the description for the app that generates interfile barcode- it says 485 should be in “pending” status. What is pending status? I have “ case was updated to show fingerprints were taken”. What’s does a” pending “ status show? Thanks

“Pending” simply means any status other than ‘Denied’ or ‘Approved’.

Basically, your application should be waiting for a result. Only then, the interfiling will be useful.

In your case, the ‘fingerprint were taken’ means that it is in ‘pending’ status.

1 Like

Someone said you only need to send one envelope, is that right?

How about Cover Letters, should you send only one for both husband and wife for their respective I-485s?

Thank you.

Should be separate envelopes according to my lawyer.

Always check with your lawyer. Safest bet is to have them send out the docs for you.

1 Like