USCIS Medical Interfile with Barcode for Pending i485 (Send without RFE)

Each person has their own individual i485 and hence they should send separate cover letter for their own case and i693 medical.

2 Likes

Do we need the I485 Receipt number or the I485J Receipt number for interfiling?

You can use i485 receipt number for i693 medical interfile letter.

1 Like

Hi, I got a notice saying my 485 application was transferred to Nebraska Service Center. It was originally at NBC. I m looking to interfile Medical. Should I send it to Nebraska Service Center address on the latest Transfer notice?

If I was in your place, I would send it to the new center.

2 Likes

Apart from the barcode cover letter generated from am22tech and sealed envelopes do I need to include any other documents ? I am planing to send medicals using interfiling.

1 Like

Your photo ID copy like passport and i485 receipt notice should also be sent.

2 Likes

I got the barcode letter from am22tech for me and family and sent it to uscis using interfiling. Later, If uscis sends me RFE, I can use the same barcode letters I have with me, correct ?

Should we send all pages of the passport or just the ones that have important info like the first 4 pages and last 2?

You should be able to reuse them.

2 Likes

Just the important pages of the passport. No need to send full passport copy.

Hi Anil - Thank you for your comments and sharing your knowledge. There is right now a lot of confusion about the version of I-693 medical forms to be used by USCIS certified civil surgeons. There is no particular space in the form to include details of COVID vaccination. Civil Surgeons are using the notes section to document the vaccination. But do you know if USCIS is going to release a new form on Oct 1st, 2021? Because if we use the current form and send it, would USCIS reject it? Not sure what to do. Please help clarify the correct version of I-693 form to use? THANKS.

You can use the current i693 form as long as the new one is not available.

USCIS should upload the new form on or before Oct 1, 2021.

2 Likes

USCIS has asked people to submit their Medicals as soon as possible today in this tweet.

1 Like

if your processing center/Field office is in your own, is it possible to drop it off in person?

1 Like

There is no drop off allowed at any of the USCIS office.
The only option is to mail it.

Hi Anil. Thanks so much for your help. After thinking a lot, I am going with interfiling. Just in case, if I get medical RFE after interfiling, in response to RFE, do I have to send another copy of my medical record along with interfile cover letter? If I have to then I must get two copies of my medical record; one for interfiling and another for RFE in case.
is my understanding correct?

Yes, that’s correct.

Hi Anil, thanks for organizing this. It’s very useful. One question, I did the medicals in Aug 2021, but did not send it at all (given lawyers where discouraging it without RFE). Given the new USCIS policy for accepting older medicals. Can we still send this now in April 2022 with the cover letter what you generate ? or should we freshly do medicals ?

Hello, last month my case in EB2 got transferred to NBC service center. The notice that I got contains only the PO Box address for NBC service center. Would I be able to send my medicals (no rfe yet) to the PO Box ? Please advise