USCIS to Process H1B, H4 (and EAD) together Starting Jan 25

Originally published at: USCIS to Process H1B, H4 (and EAD) together Starting Jan 25 - AM22Tech

USCIS has reached a settlement agreement to process the H1B, H4, and EAD together (as they used to do earlier) starting Jan 25, 2023. During Trump’s government, USCIS added the H4 biometric requirement and started processing the H4 and EAD separately. This added unnecessary delays and increased processing time by up to 2 years. To…

5 Likes

Is this applicable only for folks who apply for H1, H4 and H4 EAD together?

Both I and my spouse are already on separate H1b. If I convert to H4, will I receive H4 and H4 EAD at the same time?

Its only applicable if the H4 and/or EAD are applied with H1B at the same time.

If you file separately, then this rule won’t apply.

To answer your question, you are talking about H4 COS, which will be considered ‘together’ only if you file H1B extension and then spouse’s H4 COS at the same time in same package.

3 Likes

Hello Anil, firstly thanks for posting great information. Please comment on this one. As of now waiting for Perm, will file I140 in premium. After that, I could file concurrently for H1B, H4 extension and H4 EAD under premium processing per the new policy. Hope my understanding is right. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you Anil for clarifying.

Hi Team, can we know is it eligible for people who already applied before 25th? Thank you

No, they said that they will start implementing it for new filing starting Jan 25.

Hello Anil, I couldn’t find a way to post a new message here. So, I used the reply option. Sorry for that. Could you please comment on this one. I’m waiting for Perm and will file I140 in premium. After that, I could file concurrently for H1B, H4 extension and H4 EAD in premium processing per the new policy. Is my understanding right. Thanks.

Hi,
I already applied my H4 EAD. Now my husband’s employer planning to apply for his H1B premium and my H4 extension together will all three approved together? or it wont applicable for H4 EAD

I dont think EAD will be approved with H1B & H4, however EAD will be auto-extended ( if not first time) once your H4 is approved so that you can keep working.

I applied EAD for the first time

@anil_am22 Applied H1B, h4 and h4 EAD in pp, h1 receipt date 1/25. H1 approved on 2/2 , however h4 and EAD still pending. Online status says case is received for both. Contacted USCIS customer service and they say no such information is available on USCIS website so they cannot rely on legitimacy of this information. What can we do here ?

Hello Team,

Greetings.

In the scenario where H1B, H4 (and EAD) are applied together in NORMAL processing, is this applicable?
Or
Is it applicable only when these are applied together in PREMIUM processing?

Regards
Praveen

Same here. Applied for H4 Extension and EAD along H1B PP. Result received for H1B as per PP but. H4 and EAD still showing case received.

Hi @Sarojani , @shani.kumar ,
Do you have any update on H4 and H4EAD status?
We are in the similar situation, my husband’s H1 receipt date 3/1. H1 approved on 3/6 but H4 and H4EAD status is showing as case is received.

Yes, my h4 and EAD got approved on 3/10, more than a month after H1B approved.

Thanks for the response.

Hi @anil_am22 ,

We filed H1B + H4 + H4EAD in PP.My husband’s H1 receipt date 3/1. H1 approved on 3/6 but H4 and H4EAD status is showing as case is received.
My H4EAD is going to expire on 3/29/2023. Am I eligible for automatic extension? Please reply .

Thanks,
Pallavi

@Pallavi1 any update on your H4 and EAD, we are in the same boat. H1 got approved 03/21, case received on 03/17. H4 COS and EAD have no update yet.

@nitinbb , no update yet. Ours is processing at Texas Service Center. May I know which one is yours?