VFS Global - Not receiving Activation email

Update: Previously I had tried with 3 different gmail ids. However, today I tried with a yahoo id and it worked. I received the account activation email almonst instantly.

I used Gmail last week Tuesday…i got activation mail at Tuesday at evening…

I am also struggling for last 3 days. I used my gmail ID but still no luck.

Please confirm if you are getting activation link on gmail account.

I used 3 gmail ID and 1 yahoo ID. Prior to registering on VFS global website, I emptied my Spam folder.
Despite doing all these, I did not receive the activation link.

Same issue. I used my company email and it worked immediately. I think the problem arises only if you use gmail.

Yahoo did not work either.

Same thing tried 3 different id , 3 different browser to check if cookie issue, but no activation email. These guys do not know how to run a simple email server. God bless India.

Yes, company id worked for me, tried 1 gmail, 2 yahoo email id and never got email.

I am having the same issue. Is there any solution to this other than trying random / non-gmail/non-yahoo email IDs? Even that approach seems to not be guaranteed to work. I have emailed VFS and am waiting to hear back.

I am also facing same issue. I have used 2 gmail accounts to register. I did not receive activation email yet. Please post if it is resolved.

I had reached out to VFS Global on Twitter.They asked me to provide the screenshot of the error that I was seeing as well as my details. After about 12 hours I reached out again to ask for an update and they mentioned that they have activated it from their end.I tried logging in again using the same email I had used the first time and it worked–I am able to get through now.

Folks, don’t waste your time with Gmail or Yahoo. I tried both with total 4 emails to activate the account. Somebody here suggested using company email and I tried that. It worked instantly as I received activation email within seconds. Not sure what’s the issue but I’d avoid giving gmail or yahoo email if I can.

Hi @JayKay have you received any update or solution for the same as i am also facing the same problem?

I tried using a company mail as well but it didn’t work.

I have tried creating a profile using multiple mail-IDs across both weekends and weekdays but haven’t received activation link on any mail yet. I also tried the ‘reset password’ trick but didn’t get any mail that way either.

Any updates for you guys?

Hi @Rahul8 – I have not yet received a response from VFS. However, I tried logging in with my email address and it now works. I did not receive any activation email/click on any activation link. I think what probably happened is, as @Poorva_Inamdar mentions above, they may have activated my email on their end, without having notified me of it. I would suggest contacting VFS (I did so via email) to see if that helps, and to keep trying to login with the email address every day to see if it works. It took around 3-4 days for me I think (made account on Saturday, did not receive any activation email, sent VFS an email on Monday, tried logging in on Tuesday (and it worked), and still have not received any response/activation email from them (today is Thursday)).

Hi @JayKay , i have mailed them but have not received their email as well and tried to login but still it is showing the same error account is not active. and i am also facing issue with “An error has encountered. Please try again in sometime.”

Hey everyone,

I tried using 5 different email address (Since yesterday) but no luck :frowning:
Used gmail, yahoo, outlook.
Any feedback or trick ?

Facing the same issue in Feb of 2023. Tried using 3 emails including work email and my wife’s student email and none of them work. They do mention on their website under “contact us” that you can add their email id so that verification email doesnt get blocked and I did do that but still it didnt help. I have tweeted on their account since someone mentioned that being one way out in this thread. Lets see but this is ridiculous that they cant manage their servers properly.

website =

Application status email communications

We will communicate by auto-generated emails. If you do not receive the application status email notifications, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder just in case the email notification got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select the email notification and mark it Not Spam, which should allow future messages to get through. To make sure you receive our alerts/updates, add donotreply@vfsglobal.com to your Whitelist / Approved / Safe Senders list.

1 Like

Specially created an account to thank you guys for helping. Business email worked like a charm. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like