Maybe it’s an old question but looking for your great and best advice.
Due to this covid19 situation, the current job market is dead(60%) and especially for H1B holders getting very limited opportunities.
Currently, my spouse is doing a Master’s on F1(converted from H4 to F1) and will be graduated in May 2021. Currently, I’m having new I94 validity until 2023.
- If my employer gave layoff and don’t find any employer within before 60 days grace period then what should I do…?
- I heard we can either convert to Visitor visa(B1/B2), Dependent visa(here for me F2 I guess). What would be the best choice…?
- How much time frame it takes for this H1B to B1/F2 conversion?
- If I convert to one of the above and meanwhile if I find any opportunity/H1B sponsorship am I eligible to convert from the visitor (B1/B2)/F2 to H1B again?
- Is it necessary to be approved my B1/F2 conversion before my new employer initiates/apply/transfer the H1B?
- In this conversion, am I eligible for H1B exempt or new employer should file for new H1B?
Sorry for the many questions but I could not find a suitable article so asking these questions.
I appreciate your response .